Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Musings 8/24

Time for the Weekly Wrap with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin

The work week was certainly interesting.  We're heading in to the last week of fiscal year end which brings about panic every year.  From people who have been at my work for 10, 15 years.  It's incredible, but it happens every year.  I'm basically like this until labor day.


I am at peace.  I am, I am at peace.
The weekend started with the Man from UNCLE, where I could drool over Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer :-P  It's a fun movie, and I've put the show on Netflix to check that out.  I've watched NCIS for years so I'm curious to see David McCallum as a young actor.  I have seen the Great Escape, but there are a lot of major characters in that movie, not just his.

Saturday and Sunday were spent inside since the heat was back, and it came with humidity.  I got my run done Saturday and when I was done grocery shopping, I went outside and my milk and oj started sweating immediately.  Ugh!  I'm studying for a cert exam so I was fine being inside.  I even got help from my study buddy.  OK, help or a distraction?  She went after my paper clips, my pen, and finally ended up on top of the cabinet.



She was more behaved on Sunday when I was reviewing the info I studied on Saturday.

I watched the tape delays of Worlds that NBC showed each day, and followed FloTrack on twitter.  I don't get Universal Sports, otherwise I'd be watching and DVRing all the coverage of Worlds.  I was at Sprouts, checking Twitter, when I saw Usain Bolt won the 100m.  I cheered, but had to keep my composure.  I try to cheer for our athletes, but when they've been busted for doping in the past, I just can't cheer for them.  I don't buy the flimsy excuses they present in defense of themselves either.


Anybody else watching/following Worlds?





*****

Sunday: Iron Strength workout

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 5k

Wednesday: yoga

Thursday: lower body and core work

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.75 miles

Sunday: total body weight workout, 1 mile hills

16 comments:

  1. I heard that Man from Uncle movie was good and easy on the eye:) I will wait til it comes to rebox though. This weekend was actually a nice change and was a bit cooler than it has been recently so I got to spend it outside all day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two main men are very easy on the eyes.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I need to find Man from UNCLE, Lesley! Thanks for the recommendation! Yes, I did get to watch some of Worlds over the weekend; we have NBC Universal Sports via live streaming, but I can't DVR it; saw the Usain Bolt race that you mentioned, though, and it was pretty amazing. I get a little riled up with some of the athletes that have been investigated/caught doping are interviewed and talk about their performance; it bothers me, too. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the results on Twitter when I was at the grocery store so I knew I needed to watch that race. It was the last one NBC showed in their broadcast.

      Delete
  3. LOL. I can so relate to the milk & OJ sweat. My work is crazy busy right now and we are short staffed on top of that. Not fun. It's good to know that The Man from UNCLE is worth going to see. I have not been keeping up with Worlds but will read about it later on. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a minute after being outside they were sweating. The humidity was really bad after early Saturday morning.

      Delete
  4. I am very disappointed with the doping and the cloud that hangs over sports now a days. .... I hate questioning athlete's integrity, because it is very few who have cast that dark shadow over everything... but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in full support of athletes fighting those that do dope and calling them out. I know it's not easy but they want a clean sport and so do I.

      Delete
  5. I watch NCIS, and remember David McCallum vaguely from the original series, too. At least you knew he was in it. Nope, I'm not a sports person at all. Except for the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen UNCLE the show and am looking forward to checking it out.

      Delete
  6. I understand the panic that comes with year-end. My company operates on a calendar reporting cycle, so the winter holidays are always marred with anxiety of what lies ahead starting on January 2. =(

    Your study buddy is the most adorable one I've ever seen! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks that's it's so soon after the holidays. August isn't too bad, and I can enjoy Labor Day weekend before we wrap up stuff.

      Delete
  7. I think it would be nice to get year end done this time of year instead of stressing out my Christmas and New Year holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love having it over with even before Halloween. I can enjoy all of my holidays.

      Delete
  8. Ha I remember those days of year end at my work! At least it is now and not the end of December!!! Everyone on edge! Love your study partner too! I wouldn't be able to get anything done if my cats were inside lol! Thanks Lesley for linking up with us again this week! Have a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She helps in her own way, but she's a good distraction. All of the family cats have been that way. They don't like to be ignored.

      Delete