Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Musings 8/17

It's Monday again?  Some days I would really like to go back to college where I got 3-day weekends since upper classmen didn't have Friday classes.  It was perfect.  I could relax and get stuff done and have a productive weekend all around.


Time for the Weekly Wrap with Hoho Runs and Miss SippiPiddlin

I don't know if the weather is turning, but we seem to have made it through the 106 temps from the past couple weeks.  We could get more, but that stretch is done.  I woke up early on Saturday and the it was 73!  It was a little humid, but I'll take 73.  I got my run in early at my fitness room, watching the EPL game, and I had the rest of the day to be.  It takes me a little bit to get back to where I was before vacation, but I'm on my way.

I finished up Penny Dreadful with friends, and we're waiting on the 3rd season.  I don't think they've even started filming season 3 yet, but it was renewed so there will be at least one more season.  Yes, it's a bit macabre, but this is characters from the penny dreadful novels and putting them in 1890s London.


Finally, I diverted a crisis!  My normal Target was out of Allie's food!  The cat owners out there will understand this.  We can't just buy a different kind of food if we can't find their normal food.  Allie won't even try different food.  She'll sniff it and walk away.  I had food through Friday morning, but I needed to get a bag of her dry food pronto!  I went to Targets, PetCo, Petsmart and grocery stores to no avail.  I finally found a Target that had it in stock, 2 towns north.  Yes, I went and got it.  If I didn't have her food by Friday afternoon, I might as well as not go home.  I swear I almost hugged the bag of food when I saw it.

*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: rest

Tuesday: HIIT

Wednesday: 2 miles

Thursday: legs and core

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.5 miles

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's cooling off for you! I can't imagine it being that hot..I was sweltering when it was 90 here this weekend. It's probably the humidity that makes it feel much worse, but it's just too much sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we have another sucker punch coming up, we always do, but it's been nice.

      Delete
  2. You're such a great cat caretaker to go through so much effort for Allie's food!!!

    Isn't it amazing how wonderful 73 degrees can feel!?!? Yay for cooler temperatures on the horizon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really have a choice, she won't eat the other adult food. Only this particular one.

      Delete
  3. Yes, very glad you are starting to cool off a bit, I imagine each week you'll probably feel better and better there!
    Oh I hear ya on the going back to college, I wish I could totally do that from time to time. So much less to worry about and just more careree living!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only want the 3-day weekends from college. I'm not ready for the classes and exams again.

      Delete
  4. My dog is the same way. Our animals definitely know the difference. She is picky with her treats too. It was so hot here today but I managed to do five miles. Just getting out there is an accomplishment in this heat. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is Allie. She has one type of food and one type of treats.

      Delete
  5. I hope your Target has the cat food the next time you need it! We picked up Data's food this weekend and Purina changed his mix from a chicken blend to chicken and fish... kind of doubt he will eat it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when the company changes the formula. Then there's nothing you can do. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I swear I go shopping for pet food more often than I go food shopping for us! Actually so not true, but with 3 furkids, it does feel that way.

    Our weather is the opposite -- after some really lovely cool weather we're having a heatwave. But it shouldn't even last a week. Hopefully. The weatherman is rarely right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a cool front but it should warm up right after that. Fall isn't around the corner just yet.

      Delete
  7. I think we should go to a 4 day work week. I'll work 10 hours every day for that 3 day weekend! You just reminded me I need dog food! Yes, I would travel that far to get what I needed. I hope after this week we will begin to see a break in the dew point. I've never heard of Penny Dreadful but I do like that kind of stuff. I'll have to check it out. Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've gone farther to get her food. She's my baby.

      Delete
  8. A 3-day weekend would be great! I'm with HoHo I'd work 10 hour days for my day off on Friday or even Monday ;) I so understand about the pet food issue. We have horses and you can't just swap around, their belly's can't take it and they will colic! So scary! Thanks for linking up with us again this week, we appreciate you! Have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work has flex during the summer, but it's every other week. I don't think it's worth it.

      Delete
  9. I'm lucky - my cat prefers the cheap cans of stuff, so she's happy when I run out of her good dry food. Glad you saved the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky. My baby's picky and still gets the food she got in her foster home.

      Delete
  10. So glad you found your kitty's food! I'm with you...three day weekends would be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they would. We don't get enough of them during the year.

      Delete
  11. I can't imagine trying to work out in temperatures like that! I'm glad it's finally starting to cool off for you. I'm not a cat person, but I do have two dogs and it would be a disaster if their food was suddenly unavailable at the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would. I had a few days' of food left, but I was going to run out before the weekend. Must get food!

      Delete