Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Musings 8/10

I'm back from vacation and ready to blog.  I didn't fully unplug because I was having fun with Instagram, but it was nice to get away from the heat and be able to be outside without melting into a puddle of goo.  The sad part is I came back to this forecast:


I don't think I'll be running a whole lot this month.  I've decided to focus on strength training and I ordered two more DVDs to help me strength train at home.  I'm starting to question my gym membership because recently, I'm only there every other Sunday for weight lifting.  I'm using my complex's fitness room more and more, but it's been quiet during the summer since people are focused on the pool.  I'll wait and see what happens in the fall when cooler weather finally moves in. 

So, back to vacation:


The Rockies are a great escape and since my parents live there, I try to get up there every summer.  Both mornings I was up there, we walked I don't know how many miles and enjoyed the cool, fresh air (and got hissed at by a goose.  Those are nasty little buggers!).  Tuesday we went into Rocky Mountain National Park and hiked up a trail.  I did have my Garmin for the hike but the trees were wreaking havoc with the satellite signal so I don't know how many miles either.  Oh well, I ended up being unplugged for that as well.  Wednesday we visited the alpaca farm where the family llama stands guard for the alpacas.  The farm has 3 or 4 llamas and Speckles is one of them.  There are 4 baby alpacas with the females, and they are just so fluffy!  The adult alpacas were sheared in May so the fluffy babies stand out in the herd.



Wednesday afternoon was spent getting down to Boulder and walking around Pearl Street before and after dinner.  If anybody is planning a trip, there's a gelato place that had this: bourbon pecan gelato!


It was nice to get home, and Allie was very happy to be back.  She doesn't like her carrier and she certainly doesn't like being boarded at the vet.  She's much happier to be home and running around like crazy.  She's still loving being in the lamp beam, and her routine is being in the beam until she gets hot, then she goes under the bed till she cools off.

14 comments:

  1. I agree, it's nice to be away but even nicer to be back with our pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice to be back once I got Allie home.

      Delete
  2. That forecast!! wow! Definitely a good idea to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forecast was crazy when I landed. It's been rough so yeah, indoors, maybe treadmills IF I want to run.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that's a lot of hot! I would be strength training too.
    I bet the Rockies were amazing. It's just so pretty in CO I am dying to visit one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were gorgeous. I wish I had more time but I'll take what I can get.

      Delete
  4. Your heat is a little worse than ours, I think. And ours is pretty nasty. The Rockies are so much fun. I've been out that way twice, once in August. It's amazing how much cooler it is up on the mountains. The alpacas are so cute and ice cream looks delicious. I know your Allie cat missed you terribly! Thanks for linking up with us today. It is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front range can be hot, but once I hit the mountains, I watched the temperature drop to 55!

      Delete
  5. Hooray for more strength-training - it's my favorite!!! I love those pictures. Bourban pecan gelato - YUMMY. I bet Allie was so happy to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gelato was delicious! I didn't have to look at any of the other flavors once I saw that on the menu.

      Delete
  6. I have never been to the Rockies, I'd love to go! I just love the alpacas they are so cute! What a fitting name Speckles too! A vet friend of mine just got back from doing a Tri in Boulder too and the pictures looked amazing! Looks like ice cream was a must this weekend! Thank you for linking up with us Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speckles the llama, and kids who visit the farm call him a giraffe! Poor guy, but he's an excellent guard llama and full of personality.

      Delete
  7. I nave never been to Colorado but would love to. sounds great. One day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! Since my parents live there now, I'm spending more time in the state, getting away from the heat here.

      Delete