Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Fall Race Schedule

It's hard to imagine fall's coming soon (especially with this Texas heat!) but fall races will be here before we know it!  I have two scheduled so far, and I would like to do another 5k either in November or December to wrap up the year.


First up is a September virtual challenge with Run the Edge.  Their September challenge is running and core work, and I could always work on my core strength.  The challenge benefits Guardian Angels Medical Service dogs and so far they have over 100 participants, which covers vaccines and preventative care for one service dog for a year.  Their goal is to get 15,00 participants, so you're looking for a September challenge, check it out.  It's $5.95 to register, then you can add on other goodies, like a medal and shirt.

My second 5k race is in October, on the morning of the Red River Rivalry.  I didn't go to either UT or OU, so I opted for the neutral bib and I'll wear my school colors.  Of course, with green, people here will think I went to UNT, but not even close!  You gotta go to Wellesley, MA to get to my school (yay Babson!).  The half marathoners get medals and I've seen the pictures.  I think people might hurt their necks with those things, they're huge!

How about y'all?  Any fun races this fun?

Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika.

14 comments:

  1. I am all about donating to service dogs. I regularly give to guiding eyes to the blind that train Labradors for seeing eye dogs. I checked out the link you shared and will be something I will consider. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great cause and I wanted to do it last year.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great virtual race - love how they start with a small price for entering and then the rest is up to you. Have fun at the rivalry race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I chose to pay for a medal but I didn't need the shirt.

      Delete
  3. The Run the Edge sounds like an amazing event. I love the cause of service dogs because they make SUCH a difference in the lives of others. I am going to consider participating myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they rescue the dogs, then train them to help veterans.

      Delete
  4. Run the Edge sounds great. What a nice cause! Hope you enjoy your races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love these virtual races and their causes.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. My parents would say Hook 'Em but I didn't go there :-p It'll be fun to see all the school spirit.

      Delete
  6. I love Run the Edge! I didn't realize that they were doing a virtual race in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! This'll be my first virtual race and I'm excited.

      Delete
  7. Very cool about the virtual race!
    I love that you have so many fun race options planned for this fall. Even more I love that you're so recovered that you can make race plans this year. So happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo nice to be able to plan some stuff like this. That's what was driving me the most crazy.

      Delete