Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Drinks

Friday Five is favorite summer drinks.  I do have seasonal drinks that I love in the summer, and there are some that are just great to have year round.

1) Starbucks Passion Iced Tea.  I love this tea in the summer, and I'll get the box of tea bags from the grocery store so I can brew it at home.  The only downside is it's considered an herbal tea, so I need caffeine on top of that when I start dragging at work.


2) White wine.  I mentioned in a previous Friday Five post I love light white wines in the summer, specifically sauvignon blanc and Pinot Grigio.

3)) Nuun.  I love Nuun, but in the winter, I don't sweat half as much as I do in the summer.  Even two miles in the summer leave me a hot sweaty mess.

4) Milk shakes.  Not just your any ol' milkshake from McDonalds.  I'm talking ice cream parlor type milkshakes, or frappes, or whatever the regions call them.


5) Frozen adult drinks.  I love frozen margaritas and adult slushies, and in the hot summer months, they're even better.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

 

6 comments:

  1. Yes to ALL OF THESE!! Passion tea lemonade is my favorite, and I love grape Nuun. Any frozen alcoholic drink is ok in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer frozen cocktails year round but summer provides a refreshing aspect.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm going to keep an eye out for that tea, I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good but they need to add caffeine.

      Delete
  3. That milkshake looks delicious. Just looking at that got me in a mood for one. I will have to get one this wkend. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and ice, blended together and chocolate sprinkles on top.

      Delete