Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Musings 7/6

I hope y'all had a great weekend!  I did get out of work early and ran some errands before heading over to some friends to hang out for the afternoon/evening.  We watched the US men's team beat Guatemala, ate dinner, and played cards against humanity.  When I started falling asleep (and people wanted to watch Sharknado 2), it was time for me to head home and crash.


The weekend was a good combo of being lazy but having stuff to do as well.  I did 2 sweaty miles on Saturday before enjoying the rest of the day.  After the usual errands, I parked my butt on my couch until it was time to go up to Frisco to tailgate for the FC Dallas game.  Every year FCD has a home game and then they shoot off fireworks from one of their parking lots.  Traffic is a nightmare afterwards though, and I didn't get home until after midnight.


Sunday was a very lazy day.  It doesn't matter what time I go to bed (however early or late), I wake up around 6:30 when my alarm is off.  Really??  And I need a lot of sleep, both for my mood and for my body to feel rested.  I took two naps yesterday between watching the pregame leading up to the US women's game.  Now I'm going to need another jersey.  I got a jersey this year to FINALLY update my US jersey, and now I need another one :)

Weekend update with Tara.

*****

Sunday: rest

Monday: 1.5 miles

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: lower body and core work

Thursday: 1.75 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

5.25 miles

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I totally got a FIFA USA shirt this year and LOVE it!! Have a good start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't gotten a new jersey in 18 years, but I love the blue one this year.

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about cards of humanity. I need to get that game. And I always wake up at 7 am, no matter what. I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful! I need 7-8 hours of sleep to feel completely rested so I'm dragging most of the day.

      Delete
  3. You're like me - no matter what, I always seem to wake up at the same time every day, even when I don't have to! Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good at that, even without an alarm. I'm an early bird in general but I'd love to be able to sleep in.

      Delete
  4. Yay for the women's team! Such a great game..can't believe we got a hat trick so quickly. Amazing. Glad that you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone was expecting that. I flipped out once we hit 4 goals.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a very fun week. Sharknado 2, lol. I like watching those for the comedy but once is enough, I don't blame ya for heading out then! I did catv h part of the women's game, so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen 1 and 2 once each, and that's enough for me.

      Delete
  6. Haha, I was excited to watch Sharknao 2, just for the comedy of it as well.

    I wish I could make myself get up at 6:30 in the summer. I got up about 6 am last summer because I would get up and run. Since I haven't been running I think "what's the point". I know that's not a good attitude to have...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly don't go work out that early, but I can make my way through breakfast since I can't fall back asleep.

      Delete
  7. I love lazy Sundays, Lesley; that's my favorite way to spend the day! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog; hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lazy out of necessity, then I crashed and burned Monday night :-p

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a good weekend! I can't sleep in either. A nap always feels good when I can squeeze one in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even just 20 minutes. I've been doing that at work during my lunch break. I can recharge and give my eyes a rest.

      Delete