Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Musings 7/27

Weekend Update with Tara.


It was a good split between busy and relaxing this weekend.  Friday started with a date and seeing Jurassic World.  I don't know what my expectations were but it was actually a fun movie... not to mention Chris Pratt is nice to look at ;-)  I like the first movie, was turned off of the franchise by the second movie and didn't see the third movie.  It's kind of like the Pirates franchise - the first movie is fun and was very successful, but then they slapped together sequels to get more money.  And per usual, none of the trailers were interesting.  We got 5, and all of them were no's.

Saturday I took a step forward and went beyond a 5K distance on the treadmill.  I was feeling good and pushed it to 3.25 miles!  I was a very hot sweaty mess when I was done, despite using my complex's fitness room with ceiling fans and our treadmills have built in fans.  It was a hot one this weekend, and there was no way I was doing more than a mosey in the sun.  I got the run done though, and I stayed inside the rest of the day, until it was time to go to the FCD game, which we won.


Sunday I finished my wall gallery.  I really like how it turned out, with a good mixture of different-sized pictures.  I moved the decorations from that wall to another wall so by completing the gallery, I decorated even more around my apartment.  And while I was doing all that, I was also watching Ratatouille.  Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie, but it always makes me hungry.

I also discovered these.  How great are they?  They're just enough to treat myself to ice cream but they're not a full bar.  They're really good too :)  Magnum makes other minis, which I was just have to try out.


*****

Sunday: 2.25 miles

Monday: rest

Tuesday: Glute strength training

Wednesday: 2.5 miles

Thursday: yoga!

Friday: rest

Saturday: 3.25


Book finished: Go Set a Watchman

20 comments:

  1. I think it's hot everywhere right now. I bought those Magnum Bars too! Then I forgot they were in the freezer. Maybe it's better that way! Way to get your run on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the perfect serving size and I can still enjoy the ice cream.

      Delete
  2. Great job with your run! I know what you mean about Jurassic World/Pirates! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one's always the best, then it goes down hill from there. I think they should've skipped 2 and 3 because World had tie ins to the first one.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on going further than your usual 5k distance. You must be feeling better. Nice wall display. I will have to try those bars
    They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better but I'm still being cautious.

      Delete
  4. Your wall looks great, love it!!
    I saw Jurassic World a month ago and really liked it too. I was like you not sure if I would enjoy it, but I did. But I am thinking they can't keep making them, this was a lucky finish to their series:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did end on a really good note. Just like the first movie, nature always wins.

      Delete
  5. Nice job with your workouts this week! And the gallery wall came out great:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the gallery too, and may add a couple more pictures but I'm not sure yet.

      Delete
  6. Jurassic World was better than I expected it to be. Great job on 3.25 miles! And good job on the picture wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, makes me root for the raptors.

      Delete
  7. Gallery wall is on my to do list! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was inspired by the blog A Couple of Dashes. I knew I wanted to decorate but I wasn't sure how.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was feeling good so why not push it a little bit more?

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the 3.25 miles on the treadmill! I find the treadmill to be much more mentally challenging than running outdoors because it can get so monotonous staring at the same scenery the whole time. Way to push through!

    I LOVE Ratatouille!!! It is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the treadmill, but I did have the TV on so a channel showing a marathon. That helped!

      Delete
  10. Great workouts!! And OMG, i'm in love with those Magnum bars, they are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a different box this week. I need to find the chocolate minis soon.

      Delete