Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Musings 7/20

It's crazy that we're in the second half of July, but part of me is happy.  We've hit triple digits and yet we're closer to fall.  This is the toughest part of each summer though, because the heat can be brutal.

Today is Weekend Update with Tara!


Most weekends I don't plan too much and yet I get busy.  Saturday and Sunday I set out to get as many frames as possible for the pictures I want to hang up.  I found out I hate frames that have mattes because the opening cuts off parts of the picture, and without a solid space to put the picture, I struggle to get it straight behind the matte.  I bought a frame for family pictures, but now I'm thinking I want that at work.


The cities represented (so far) are London, Edinburgh, Paris, Stockholm, Tallinn, Venice, Copenhagen and San Francisco.  I will start hanging pictures next weekend so I know what I can still add.  These are the 8x10's and 5x7's, so I need to see where the 4x6's can go.

It was also pretty much an Allie weekend.  She was ornery most of the weekend, and some things I just don't understand.  Like, when it's 100 outside and she prefers to lay under the lamp, which is emitting more heat???


I know cats have their quirks, but this one baffles me.  I prefer to stay cool in the summer, she wants more heat.

*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: bike 5 miles

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: Iron Strength workout

Thursday: sore

Friday: sore

Saturday: sore so I did corework instead

(Yup, I was sore for 3 days after Iron Strength)

*****

Book finished: the Turncoat by Donna Thorland

16 comments:

  1. That Iron Strength sounds very challenging. It's always a good feeling when you are sore after those kind of workouts. I bet your collage will look great once it's completed. I need to update my pictures to display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to figure out how I want to hang it, whether to be precise or just hang these at random.

      Delete
  2. Iron Strength is NO JOKE, Lesley; I felt the same way!! I think, maybe, it will be a great workout - ha! The framed pictures look great; what a nice idea. We have a miniature dachshund; he wants to be hot all the time. He is constantly under a blanket and he absolutely loves this time of year outside - GAH! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog; hope your Monday is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't get it. I'm under the ceiling fan and have a box fan helping move air in the living room, and she's under the heat. She's quirky.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that Iron Strength workout sounds like a great challenge! Being sore for that long is definitely a sign of a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and a sign I haven't done that type of workout in a while. It's a good option to rotate in every other week. Hopefully I won't be as sore next time.

      Delete
  4. Iron Strength sounds intense! Love your collection of picture frames. I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not all the pictures but I'm getting there. I've got more I can order if I do need extras.

      Delete
  5. We are thinking about a trip to Edinburgh. What would you recommend we see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a family trip in 2001, but I remember going to the castle, taking a city bus tour and going to the Britannia.

      Delete
  6. Cats always need more heat!!!!!!!!!

    Can't wait to see your frames all hung up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing a good job whenever I have the lamp on!

      Delete
  7. Triple digits are hard sometimes. We hit the triples for a few weeks and I am a weird person who loves heat, I would be like your cat. People laugh at me, it can be 100 outside and if I am indoors watching TV I will be wrapped up in a blanket, LOL Luckily this week we are back in the comfy 90's. It's been an odd weather year, so who knows huh!
    Love those pictures, what a great idea, those are all places you have visited too (I think based on some of your travel posts) which probably makes them even a greater momento on the wall:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. I was inspired by another blogger when I read her post and realized I had all these pictures on my computer.

      Delete
  8. Uggh, I know the feeling of being sore for that long after Iron Strength, that workout is NO joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good sore, that I'd done something, but those three days were a struggle.

      Delete