Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Musings 7/13

Weekend update with Tara.


After a busy weekend for the 4th plus the Gold Cup, this was more a lazy weekend/get stuff done at home.  Saturday I decided to put off my workout until the afternoon, and took my time waking up.  I made a breakfast run to Panera before watching Wimbledon.  Just about the time Serena wrapped things up was when the Verizon store opened.  I actually upgraded my phone, and I have an up-to-date phone.  This is big for me :)  I went with a 6 since the 6-plus is just too much phone for me.  Since I use my iPhone as my iPod when I'm running, I didn't want anything too big to be strapped to my arm.

Sunday was back to Pure Barre after a 2-week absence.  It was a tough class, I think in part due to that 2-week absence, but my booty was feeling it during the class.  More and more instructors at the studio are being certified in the double band, so they're excited to incorporate it into the workouts.  I came home and sprawled out on the couch with Allie.


I also got some more decorations up.  I know, I've been in my apartment since late January and I'm still trying to figure out how to decorate.  I got a blackout curtain up in my bedroom since we're supposed to hit triple digits this week.  I only put it up on one side to still get some light in the bedroom, but I'm hoping one curtain can cut down on the sunshine-induced heat in the bedroom.  I was also inspired by A Couple of Dashes to create my own picture gallery to help decorate the living room.  I have tons of pictures from past travels and I've ordered my first batch.  Now all I need are picture frames.


*****

Sunday: Strength training

Monday: Biked 4 miles

Tuesday: tailgating for Gold Cup, on my feet 4-5 hours

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: 3.1 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday 2 miles

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Oooh a photo gallery of your own pictures, what an awesome idea! Can't wait to see your finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the pictures so I just need frames.

      Delete
  2. Allie is so cute! Sounds like a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, which helps when she get ornery :)

      Delete
  3. We painted our living room in December and got new furniture and I still don't have any decorations up yet. I kind of like the blank walls. It's so different than what we use to have,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had blank walls and it feels like something's missing. It's tough to put up a lot of decorations in an apartment.

      Delete
  4. Great week of workouts! And nice job getting back to pure barre...im sure its tough to go back after some time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go every other Sunday, but I was just tired after the 4th. Two straight weekends of being busy.

      Delete
  5. I hear pure barre is really tough, but I haven't tried it. I'm the world's worst when it comes to decorating. It takes me forever to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough, but I can feel the exercises targeting my weak spots.

      Delete