Thursday, July 16, 2015

Iron Strength Workout Review

For some maybe sadistic reason, I was looking forward to skipping my run yesterday and instead head home to do my first workout to the Iron Strength DVD I bought.  Yes, maybe sadistic is right.  I'd watched the routine after the DVD arrived, just to see what I was getting myself in to, and for whatever reason, I was excited to try it.


The main routine is about 50 minutes when all is said and done.  There is a quick warm up to get the muscles loose, then it's right into the exercises.  Anywhere from squats and lunges, to core work to upper body work.  It's a total body strengthening routine and there's very little rest between each super set.  I was huffing and puffing and even pausing the DVD to get some more time to catch my breath.  I hadn't done that type of workout in quite a while.  There's is the warm up, 5 super sets, then planks and stretching to wrap it up.

For those just beginning, he does have one of the "models" so a modified version, which I was doing for some of the workouts.  I certainly did the modified push ups because I remembered how many push ups are in the routine, as well as other arm workouts, and I didn't want to kill my arms.  My legs would be dead, but I wanted my arms to make it through.

So how am I feeling?  At the moment, my lower quads are jelly.  I live on the 3rd floor, so walking down the stairs to my car was interesting this morning, as was walking down the stairs in the parking garage at work.  My glutes are OK, but I'm anticipating them getting sore as the day progresses.  My hamstrings are a little tight, but the main soreness is right in my quads.  They're taking all my attention this morning.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got a chance to try the workout! It does get easier the more you do it. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still sore, and in the same spots. Foam rolling hurt so good yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds intense!! What doesn't kill us, just makes us stronger, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! I'm trying to get stronger at least.

      Delete
  3. In order to do at-home barre workouts you will need to substitute a ballet barre with a chair. Free Exercise DVD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The initial review was from over a year ago. Have you kept up with the Iron Strength Workout? If so, has it improved your running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do chosen exercise to amplify my strength training. I've done a lot between this, Pure Barre, and PT. When I need something new, I head back to this.

      Delete
  5. Fresh green juice wins health points over packaged fruit juice and smoothies on several counts
    organifi
    organifi green juice

    ReplyDelete