Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Five: Patriotic Books

Happy July 3rd.  While most people get this day off, I'm at work.  I'll be Miss Grumpypants until I can leave.  I almost wore my Tedy Bruschi jersey in to work, but I opted not to.  Now my boss says I should've because quite a few people are dressed down.  Campus is pretty quiet with only one construction crew reporting for duty (we have many more but they're not here today).  Last night I was looking for a patriotic movie to watch, but I only have Gettysburg, which is 271 minutes.  Not exactly a one night type showing.  I realized I have more patriotic books than the one movie I have.  I have American movies but I don't consider those Patriotic.

1) Patriot Hearts - Barbara Hambly


2) Celia Garth - Gwen Bristow


3) Shades of Gray (renamed Noble Cause - can't imagine why) - Jessica James


4) the Traitor's Wife - Alison Pataki


5) the Tory Widow - Christine Blevins


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!   

7 comments:

  1. Funny that Shades of grey also has an author with the last name James!

    Sorry you have to work today but hopefully it will be an easy day. I miss working at a University!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize that. Shows how little I pay attention to 50 Shades.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually been looking for a few patriotic books - I love historical fiction! Thanks for the suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The Tory Widow also has a sequel if you like that one.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Part busy, part fun, part lazy. It was a good holiday :)

      Delete