Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wine Wedesdays?

It's no secret I like wine, and ever since I got back from Napa, I've been buying a bottle for the week and I've been trying to match it to the food I'm planning on making.  Wednesdays have been a free topic for a while, so why not incorporate this around the other random topics I might post about?

The first wine was the Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc that I splurged on when I saw it at the store.  I was planning on going for a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, but when I saw the Duckhorn, memories of Napa came up and I couldn't walk out without it.  I mentioned in my Duckhorn writeup that the Sauvignon Blanc was very refreshing because a lot of the wines in Napa are reds.  That's just the way the climate works.


That week, with the SB, was the week I brought out my summer salads.  I had the salad three days that week with other food in between, but lighter dishes to keep with the lighter wine, like tilapia.  I find tilapia is a good fish to have on hand, throughout the year, because it's versatile and doesn't take long to cook.

Next week I've challenged myself and I've chosen a wine already, and I need to find out what pairs well with it.  This is normally backwards from how I work, but I saw a wine on Saturday that I want to try so that's next on my list.  I can have fun in the kitchen at the same time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a big wine drinker but I do enjoy trying something new once in a while. Sounds like you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun! Mostly I just want to go back to Napa so I'm trying to create it here, just a little bit.

      Delete
  2. I love trying different wines too. Sauv blanc is definitely refreshing in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes with a lot that I make in the summer, and there are so many vineyards to try.

      Delete
  3. Very fun, you're becoming a fabulous wine connoisseur:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet helps :) I can look up what kind of dishes go with what wine and then I go from there.

      Delete