Friday, June 19, 2015

What Makes Me Happy

Friday Five today is "what makes me happy".  After getting all PO-d from work on Wednesday, I had to calm down before writing this post.

Thank you Pixar.  You get me
 When you're worked up, and in a bad way, happy isn't the first emotion to hit the brain.

1) New running gear.  This week I bought a new running tank top and my new sports bra arrived.

2) It's not a secret I like wine, and buying a new bottle is fun, and it's fun thinking of the dinners I'm going to pair with it.

3) Speaking of food, a new recipe also makes me happy.  When I see a recipe I can't wait to try, I can't wait.  I put the ingredients on my grocery list and will make it that weekend.

4) Family and friends.  They get me, quirks and all.  Sometimes they share in those quirks.


5) Allie.  The big aspect that makes me happy.  She gives me a big reason to get up each day (or creates reason for me to feed her early), and she adds so much life into my home.  When I have to board her before traveling, it's soooo quiet in the apartment without her.  I don't like it one bit.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!   


11 comments:

  1. My pet ( my labrador) is my #1 Happy thing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They add so much are just so happy.

      Delete
  2. pets are the best! hope youre having a better day today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday was better. I let stupid things at work get me riled up and then I'm stressed out and venting.

      Delete
  3. I have to board my dogs sometimes the day before we travel. It is so eerily quiet in the house. Like something is SO WRONG. It's amazing how much joy and life they bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, and they are PO'd at me for leaving them off my happy list! I did give them a brief mention but not a bullet point.

      Delete
    2. It is so quiet. I know I just came from dropping her off, but I still expect to see her when I get home. Then I can't sleep that night.

      Delete
  4. I love getting new running clothes and wine!! I hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little things but it's so much fun. Each time I get new running clothing, I have to try it out right away.

      Delete
  5. When I had a pet dog, he was also my happy moment in the day, gotta love great pets!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when they act up, pets are great. I look forward to her greeting every day I get home.

      Delete