Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thinking Out Loud 6/18

Thinking Out Loud with Amanda.  I definitely had some random thoughts this week, so buckle up.  This is the way my mind normally works, but somehow I can keep it all organized


Thanks to Hip2Save, I have a definition of Hangry, and I will use it a lot.  Even though I go to the grocery store with a list, things will end up in my cart that aren't written down.  It's like when I was a kid but my mom's not there to keep it out of the cart.


*****

I'm a history nerd and AMC debuted their 8-part series Making the Mob: New York.  The title makes me think Chicago could happen, and I think it should.  Each part is 1 hour, with commercials, and I'm already hooked.  If anyone is interested, they're showing on Mondays after a mafia movie.  Monday's was Goodfellas, but I don't think AMC is the channel to see those movies for the first time.  They're edited, and cut up with commercials.

*****

Ever have the same color combo work clothes and gym clothes?  I pack my gym bag at night and I dress for work in the morning, and more often than I care to admit, I'm wearing the same color pants and shirts for both.  Last night I packed my black capris and my new blue Adidas top, and this morning I put on black work capris with a blue peasant blouse.

*****

Tuesday was a Run Disney registration, and my lord those prices!  The half marathon is $200, and the 10k is $110.  I would love to do a 10k at Disneyland but either my knee has to heal faster, or I need to come up with a different 10k to go after because the way these prices are increasing, I'd go broke.  Yes, I understand it's Star Wars, but $200 for one race is beyond my maximum limit.  I love that RD got me into running, but it looks like I'll have to focus elsewhere.

*****

Finally, another meme from Facebook that understands me.  I try to do yoga, I really do.  But this explains my relationship with it:


I definitely had one of those moments yesterday.  I was so ticked off from events at work that a workout wasn't enough to calm me down.  Hence, wine.

6 comments:

  1. Yep there are just some days when only wine will help! Sometimes finding the time to make it to a yoga class leaves me more stressed out than it should. Once in a while I can convince myself to just do a free yoga video at home as a compromise:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yoga DVDs but even then I may prefer wine over yoga.

      Delete
  2. The onlything I watch on on AMC is walking dead. Yes Run Disney races are very expensive. But u definitely have to experience it one time. That's exactly how I feel about yoga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very on again/off again relationship with yoga.

      Delete
  3. Wine cures everything! And I can't believe how much the races cost..wow! Not to mention I would have to pay for airfare, hotel room and food. That would easily end up being over$1000! I'd rather run 10 local races for that price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Another 10k I could do is the Bolder Boulder. My parents live there so I wouldn't have to worry about hotel or food :)

      Delete