Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Musings 6/8

I'm getting back into the usual pattern, so today's post will be my weekend update, linking up with Tara at Running N Reading.  I have two more posts left from vacation, which will be posted Wednesday and Thursday.


Friday was national donut day, but ever since I moved to Texas, I prefer kolaches.  I will occasionally eat donuts still, but kolaches are so much better.  For those who don't know, kolaches are a Czech pastry with a fraction of the sugar and fat as donuts.  It's a kind of small, sweet bread that's baked and some kind of fruit filling, chocolate, or cream cheese filling is placed in the middle.  I bought raspberry, strawberry, chocolate and sausage kolaches on Sunday and I want Heaven to smell like this bakery does.


Saturday I got an early run in before morning errands, and it wasn't as easy a run as Tuesday was, but it was HUMID.  I did 2 miles and was a sweaty mess after the run.  We've gone from monsoon season to summer in a span of a day.  I know Pure Barre asks for pants or tights that cover at least the knees and I'll find out how hot the studio will get since this is my first summer of PB.

And Sunday friends and I went to the Allen Event Center for Disney in Concert.  At first I thought it was Disney on Ice, and I'm not a fan of ice skating... unless it's hockey.  But it's Disney in Concert with vocalists, a symphony orchestra and movie clips.  OK!  They played an overture and then scores and songs from the Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, the Jungle Book, Mary Poppins, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Frozen, Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Lion King, and they wrapped things up with a sing-a-long to It's a Small World.


*****

Sunday: Total body strengthening

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 3.1 miles

Wednesday: chiropractor appointment

Thursday: corework HIIT

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

8 comments:

  1. That pastry looks great! I'm surprised I didn't notice them when I was in Prague last year (then again, I'm not a huge pastry person so I probably missed them!) Dan brought me a free donut from Dunkin so I joined in the festivities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super yummy, but I make sure not to get them too often. I get them as treats, and after thinking about them on Friday, I knew I had to get some.

      Delete
  2. OH! I love kolaches! When I was in high school, a friend and I used to stop at a local bakery every Friday morning for a kolache treat; I miss those days! I'm glad you had a fun weekend, Lesley, and thanks so much for linking up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had donut day at work every Friday and while I wish they were kolaches, I splurge on the donuts as often.

      Delete
  3. I don't particularly like donuts either yet I felt I was. Missing out on something Friday..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt OK. Maybe I've eaten enough in my life I don't NEED a donut. If I go that route, I much prefer the donuts holes.

      Delete
  4. I hear ya on the humidity. Sadly here to stay around here until oh...october/november!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our humidity normally arrives mid-July and goes through August. It just showed up early this weekend but I needed to get my run in anyway.

      Delete