Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Musings 6/29

To continue the Friday Five theme, because I completely forgot, I went to my first Jimmy Buffett concert 10 years ago.  He hit Mansfield MA for two days and my group went to the second day for his concert.  I'd say it created a fun habit :)


This past week was more of a rest week after a 5k last Friday and Pure Barre last Sunday.  My legs were telling me they wanted rest on Thursday, but I did Pilates because I have to strength train.  Even if I don't run, I have to strength train.  After that, they got rest on Friday and Saturday.  It wasn't that they felt heavy, but they did feel tired after my speed work on Wednesday so I opted for extra foam rolling and stretching.

This was a busy weekend for me but it was fun.  Saturday night was a birthday pub crawl for one of my friends, and I went to bed way too late.  I haven't gone to bed that late in a long time, and my internal clock had me awake at 7am.  Why???  Then I met my cousin for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before getting back home and crashing!  I napped for 45 minutes to try to get some energy to finish the day.  After that I watched the rest of the USA Outdoor Championships while Allie demanded snuggle time for an hour.

Weekend Update with Tara.

*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: rest

Tuesday: Dr. Whosday

Wednesday: 2 miles speed work

Thursday: Pilates - hips, buns and thighs

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

10 comments:

  1. Great job this week! We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even got leftovers for lunch this week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fun and busy, and I'm feeling it this afternoon. I needed some extra caffeine and I'm still tired.

      Delete
  3. Love the Cheesecake factory, haven't ate there in years thought:) But I did have a wedding this weekend and they were serving Cheesecake, I don't normally eat at them, but I couldn't resist a slice and it was worth it!
    Very cool about the Jimmy Buffett Concert, I bet that was a lot of fun love his songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat about half the cheesecake then take the rest home.

      Delete
  4. I can never sleep in, either, Lesley; it's sort of depressing because now I know I really have to get to bed on time if I want to get any sleep. I'm getting old - ha! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog; hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so used to waking up early, but I was hoping just this one time...

      Delete
  5. I was up until 1am on Saturday night for a wedding, and still woke up at 630 on Sunday morning. I wish my body would let me sleep in just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I couldn't even blame the cat since she was sleeping against my legs when I woke up.

      Delete