Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Musings 6/22

As always, I can't believe I'm back at work.  I'm linking up with Tara and Running N Reading for the weekend recap.


I kicked off the weekend Friday afternoon with another 5k on the treadmill.  I was doing speedwork and after warming up, speed intervals, either at 1/1 or 2/1, and a cool down, I hit 5k.  I decided to workout Friday because Saturday morning was going to be filled with errands and a 10am showing of Inside Out.  Anyone else see Inside Out?  I did end up crying, damn Pixar.  They seem to really like testing my resolve.  I don't normally cry at movies but they know how to get me.

Disney/Pixar
The rest of my Saturday was low key and I stayed home and made chicken salsa Verde in the crock pot. 

Sunday was a rainy day in Dallas (OK, Mother Nature, we have enough water right now!) and if I didn't have Pure Barre, I would've stayed in bed the whole morning.  I woke up early, ate breakfast, and since PB didn't start until 10:45, I went back to bed for another hour.  I could've stayed there.  If I had a TV in my room, I think I would have.  PB kicked my booty and I'm feeling that workout this morning.  I heard the instructor say she learned one of the new routines and couldn't wait to use it.  Oh joy...

*****

Sunday: Total body strength training

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 2.5 miles

Wednesday: leg work

Thursday: rest

Friday: 5k

Saturday: rest

14 comments:

  1. Yay for the 5K on Friday. That is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't plan on the distance but it was a happy result.

      Delete
  2. Nice week! Inside Out looks like a fun movie. Might take the kiddos some time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it, and there were a lot of kids in the theater.

      Delete
  3. It's been crazy this weekend weather-wise! In Pittsburgh it was raining off and on and was super humid when it wasn't raining. SO miserable! I love Pixar movies so I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were pretty humid too. It wasn't bad, but after breakfast, I felt like my cat. Time to snooze again.

      Delete
  4. Nice job with the workouts! It can be so hard to get motivated when the weather is dreary. Pure barre is no joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good challenge and it makes me feel like I've accomplished something on a Sunday.

      Delete
  5. It's been a while since I've seen a Pixar movie, but I really want to see this one. Congrats on running the 5k distance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends joke that I recommend all Pixar movies (except WALL-E) so of course I recommend this one.

      Delete
  6. Haven't seen Inside Out yet but definitely want to!! Sorry about all the rain! I agree, you guys have definitely had enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jump at opening weekend and buy a ticket for one of the days. It's Pixar, how can I miss it?

      Delete
  7. I wanted to see Inside Out, maybe this week:)
    That is awesome about the 5k, you are really progressing nicely from this injury comeback!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a good month, but I'm taking it one week at a time. I hope to continue with this and have a good race in October.

      Delete