Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Musings 6/15

One thing about summer is no new shows, so I end up adding lots of movies to my Netflix queue, and one of them last week was Cool Runnings.  I hadn't seen it in YEARS and it's a classic from my childhood.  As a runner, I also needed to buy a song from its soundtrack.


Well, if you've got a problem, you've got to rise above it
When you face a challenge, you've got to rise above it
When you're back against a wall, only way to go is up
Rise above it, come on and rise above it!

Yup, that's going on a running playlist.

I felt this weekend went by slower than last week, which is fine by me.  Last weekend whizzed by and all of a sudden, I'm back at work after feeling like I just left for the weekend.  This weekend I was able to get 2 miles done at a slightly faster pace (and quite sweaty with the weather), got to the wine store, and was able to put my feet up most of Saturday.  I finished watching the NCAA championships and wished some TV channel had shown the Portland track festival.  That's where Twitter came in handy.

Sunday was calm in the morning but then our ECHL team had their game 7 of the finals.  Before that, I stopped at the Dick's in that area since I was looking for another UA workout tank, but I bought this instead:


I couldn't resist.  It's a complete impulse buy but how could I not buy it?

Then it was time for the game, and I thought it would be a close nailbiter.  Nope.  We won the game 6-1 so we are ECHL champs!  They let fans on the ice after these championship games, which is fun.  We had to sign waivers though since some moron slipped on the ice last year.  Some people just can't handle all the fun.


*****

It was more a recovery week after hitting 3.1 miles last Tuesday, but it was also the first first of real summer.  It doesn't matter that the official first day of summer hasn't come yet, it's summer.  It takes a little bit to adjust.

Sunday: pure barre

Monday: rest

Tuesday: yoga

Wednesday: PT

Thursday: rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

Weekend Update with Tara.


14 comments:

  1. Awww Cool Runnings! It's been way too long...I'll have to watch that one again, too! :) Sounds like a great weekend...love that tank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know how long it had been since I saw Cool Runnings. It was kind of a throwback day with the movie.

      Delete
  2. I agree that it is definitely summer now! I'm sure it will only get worse over the next few weeks though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I'm adjusting, but the first week the heat cranks up is tough to get through.

      Delete
  3. I love that tank! Very straight and to the point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't want to put it back on the rack. I had to have it and since I went in looking for a tank top, I got a tank top.

      Delete
  4. Yes to the impulse buy -- very cute. Summer weekends are never long enough. There's just so much I want to do and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to convince the powers that be that having Friday afternoons off as well as the weekend would be quite nice during the summer.

      Delete
  5. Cool Runnings, now that takes me back. Yes that is a great movie! When I went to Jamaica I tried so hard to find a Cool Runnings Keychain (I collect keychains from each trip I take), but no luck:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past February when everything iced, I was thinking of this movie. When they land in Canada and realize how cold it is.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen Cool Runnings. I am bummed that my shoes aren't on for the summer. Thank goodness for the Bachelorette tho!..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely recommend Cool Runnings. Another feel good sports movie but it's a live-action Disney classic.

      Delete
  7. WHOA! Congratulations on your championship win, Lesley!! That is so exciting!! You know, I haven't seen Cool Runnings in so long; I love that movie! I'll have to look up this song from the soundtrack; it definitely sounds like a good one! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog and I hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to go to these games, and the way the Americans keep winning when a lot of their players leave each year. It was a good Sunday.

      Delete