Friday, June 12, 2015

Favorite Summer Activities

Friday 5 is top 5 summer activities.  I'd like to say I hibernate in the summer because most of the time it's just so hot to do much.  But here's what I tend to do once summer arrives:

1) I'm normally not a salad person, but when summer hits, I don't feel like cooking extensive meals.  Entree salads come out and I get creative.  Enter my first summer salad of the season: romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, chunks of green apple and red apple, strawberries, toasted pecans, dried cherries and croutons.  Before I added the croutons, I mixed up the goodies with some strawberry vinaigrette.


2) Since I'm eating lighter meals, I turn from red wine to white.  You'll notice Duckhorn from my Napa visit.  Their Sauvignon Blanc was really refreshing, and I prefer lighter whites so I go with Sauvignon Blanc a lot.  I find SB's from New Zealand are pretty good too.


3) Pixar tends to release their movies in the summer, so I make my (maybe) annual trek to the movie theater.  I know there will be kids but it's Pixar.  I can't miss their movies, and this year is Inside Out, and I already feel a connection to Riley's character.  I was 12 when my family moved to Boston, and Riley's about the same age when her family moves to San Francisco.

4) It's every 4 years, but anybody else watching the Women's World Cup?  The men's was last year and this year's is the women.  The US won their first game Monday, but I will say I wasn't too impressed.  We have to get better if we want to advance out of our group.

5) Maybe not a favorite activity, but I have to find stuff to watch on TV while my shows are on summer hiatus.  Tuesday night I watched a Disney movie and now I'm thinking I could watch one each week during the summer.  I think I have enough Disney DVDs to make it through.  I've already watched Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! 


6 comments:

  1. I definitely want to see Inside Out; I think it's going to be so wonderful, as are all of their films. I'm with you on the salads, Lesley; it's easier and so much cooler!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to throw the ingredients together, but I need more ideas to keep them fun. I have this Saturday circled for Inside Out.

      Delete
  2. yes to easy summer salads when it;s hot. I love to be out on my bike and swimming. I am so a warm weather person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like warm weather but not hot. I'd love to be a pool person but if I'm laying around, I'm already sweating.

      Delete
  3. Summer is definitely a great time to catch up on TV! I'm looking forward to watching General Hospital, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can catch up on movies I haven't seen that were released after last summer. I tend not to go the theater that much so Netflix is great in summer.

      Delete