Thursday, June 11, 2015

Disney Family Museum


Our last stop for fun in San Francisco was the Disney Family Museum.  We left Napa early Thursday afternoon after Baldacci specifically to make it in time.  The Museum is in the Presidio, which is the old military base, and it's gorgeous.  The views out to the bay are breathtaking.  I wouldn't mind working there each day.


The lobby area displays are filled with all the awards Walt earned, whether they're his Oscars or medals from countries, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom!  That is one tidbit I did not know about him.  These displays are before the actual museum exhibits and pictures can be taken, but pictures are highly discouraged once you're among the exhibits (I took a couple anyway).


It starts on the first floor, not with his birth, but info about his parents and their families, and how they met.  So it starts with pre-Walt info, including his siblings.  After the first exhibit, it's all him, from being in France during WWI with the Red Cross, to his time with Laugh-o-gram, going bankrupt, moving to California, losing Oswald, and creating Mickey.


Picture by Dad
This museum seemed to have everything!  There are so many exhibits to walk around and see.  It took us 3 hours to get through everything, and even then I know I could've read more.  If you're a Disney fan, I highly highly recommend this.  I would've loved to have had a Fitbit to know how many steps I took since I was walking around for 3 hours, and there's more than the exhibits.

6 comments:

  1. That is really neat! Disney history fascinates me so I am sure I would this; my boyfriend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much info to see so give yourself hours to enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I actually didn't even know this existed until I heard you mention it yesterday. I like that its not in Disneyland so the general public who don't want to buy a park pass can just go to a museum. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about it but I had never been on the Presidio (that I can remember). It's gorgeous and with the museum, it could be a day trip just in the city.

      Delete
  3. That pic of the bay is gorgeous! I could totally work there everyday too. What a neat museum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are schools there too, how do the students concentrate?

      Delete