Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2015 Goals

I didn't really set any goals this year, other than to keep making progress and do a 5k race later this year.  I'm signed up for the race and I am making progress.  June was a very good month for me.  I don't know if it's the shoes or things are coming together, or both, but something clicked this month.  In total I ran 16.2 miles this month (including yesterday's short run) and I've continued strength training and Pure Barre.

I know all months won't be like June.  I even shifted gears last week and cut back a lot because I could feel my legs were tired.  I need to look for some low impact, upper body workouts for when that happens.  Core and upper body strength are just as important.  When the legs are shot in a race, they are what holds the body together, otherwise we would end up looking like Phoebe.

I'm not sure what I want to do in July.  All my workouts in June were just kind of "I'll do what I feel like doing" and it worked out.  Do I focus more on strength training since June was a good running month?  I'll have to think about that this coming weekend.


Tuesdays on the Run with  AprilPatty, and Erika.

10 comments:

  1. I am very hopeful that you can run a very strong 5K and you come back feeling better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'll probably get taped up too at my chiro's before the race, just to be safe.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard this series is fun and is very well organized.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad everything clicked in June...hope that continues! :) Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, but I know progress will slow down, regress at times. I just gotta keep going.

      Delete
  4. Those months where everything just flows are so wonderful! I hope July treats you even better! Thanks for linking up with us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June was definitely one of those. I won't push things and just keep going, but I hope I turned a corner.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like June was a good month. Hope July goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I know I can't run all the miles, but it'd be nice to keep moving forward.

      Delete