Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What I'm NOT Loving

A little spin on things... what I'm not loving right now.


Cars.  I normally love my car.  I bought it for a reason and it's done well for 6 years.  But I don't love it this week.  I took it in to have the AC looked at, and they found the problem.  Plus two more issues that needed to be replaced, and an alignment is needed.  Oof!  As of right now, it's still at the dealership, and I have a rental.  The rental car I have is quite compact, and it's very weird to be driving a car as compact as this.  My Mazda's a bigger car, with fewer blind spots.  I will consider myself lucky that the AC was acting up because one of the other issues is my dry belts are almost cracked through to broken.  No idea about that, and at my last oil change, the only thing that needed to be replaced was my battery.

My other rant is related to the NCIS shows.  Anyone watch them?  Watch last night?  If not, skip the next part.  Spoiler alert:


Why does it seem no character on the NCIS shows can have a happy personal life?  I thought it through and the only character I'm aware with a good persona life is Jimmy Palmer.  NCIS New Orleans put one of their characters through the ringer last week, and then killed off his girlfriend to set up the season finale.  Really???  It's getting old, and I'd like to see an agent with a successful life outside of the agency.

14 comments:

  1. So sorry about your car! Hope you have it back soon! :) I used to drive a 6 and loved it!! :) Zoom Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 3 and I love it too. But this was one of those "it doesn't rain, it pours" type moments.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I feel lucky I got it in. Struts leaking and steering belts breaking sound really bad to me.

      Delete
  3. What a bummer that you've been having car trouble. =( That is so frustrating. Hopefully you'll get it back soon and it'll be as good as new. I know how weird it feels to drive a loaner/rental car.

    So I used to watch the original NCIS up until the point that Ziva left the show. These days I just can't get into it anymore, other than watching the older episodes being replayed on USA. I've never watched the New Orleans spinoff - how do you think it compares to the original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like NO, and feel it should've been the first spin off b/c LA doesn't have a navy presence. I stopped watching LA soon after this season started and don't miss it.

      Delete
  4. car problems are the worst..hope it gets fixed quickly and isn't too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have it back now but it was a good chunk of $$.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your car! Mine is a 1999 model year. It's still going amazingly strong for a 16-year-old car, but there's ALWAYS something to fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first major money dump on it, but it's 3 things instead of one thing. All that in 6 years is pretty good.

      Delete
  6. Ugh, car repairs are the worst. Hopefully you get your car back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I got it back yesterday morning. It feels good to drive my car again. The Fiesta was just too compact for me and had blind spots I'm not used to.

      Delete
  7. I love NCIS and NCIS LA but just can't get into NCIS New Orleans. Did you enjoy season one? I watched a couple of the episodes and it seemed to drag on to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy season 1. I always try to watch the full first season with spin offs since I trust the writing team.

      Delete