Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thinking Out Loud 5/7

I got my car back yesterday morning.  It now has a new AC breaker switch, new dry belts and new struts (whatever those are).  I just drive it, I don't know what makes it work.

This week has been a little different, which means my workouts have been less intense.  I seem to hit these moods or these times right before vacation, but when I need a break, I need a break.  I've already done the whole "let's not listen to the injuries and push through them, otherwise the Sergeant major of a coach will yell at me to get going" phase.  I did that in high school and college.  But now I can listen.


Not to mention Pure Barre kicked my muscles and my hamstrings were still tight on Wednesday, after the class was on Sunday.  Yeah, I'd say the class worked on those.  I even found a knot in my right periformis.  Please tell me this will work and help me strength train.

I'm starting to mentally put together my packing list for Napa.  The trip's coming up fast, and I started my countdown at 90 days out.  This got here fast!  I'll be gone a week so double-digit shirts will work, right?  I seriously need to start setting aside what I want to bring and make sure it all fits in my suitcase.  The one positive?  Buying liquids in San Francisco, so I only need an emergency bottle of contact solution.

If y'all have seen the news about replacing Andrew Jackson on the $20-bill, I voted for my pick on Tuesday.  For those who don't know, there's a campaign to replace Andrew Jackson with a woman, and we're down to the final 4 candidates.  I chose Wilma Mankiller who was the "first elected female chief of a Native nation in modern times".  Poetic justice.  Jackson is famous for signing the removal of the Native Americans and forcing them along the Trail of Tears.  A huge portion of that native population were the Cherokee, so not only a female Native American and a Cherokee to boot replacing him on the $20?  I like that idea, plus I'm (small) part Cherokee.


Thinking out loud with Amanda.

7 comments:

  1. I actually haven't heard about replacing Jackson (I'll blame my trip on my lack of national news..) and I think you chose a great replacement! Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. how ironic would it be if someone named "Mankiller" took over a bill from a man??

      Delete
    2. I never really understood why Jackson is on the $20. I'd love for a woman to replace him. England's got Jane Austen coming up on a bill in a couple years.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, the first time I took a Pure Barre class, my hips and glutes were sore for literally a week! It does get a lot better, though - and the strength benefits from barre are AMAZING. Totally worth the initial getting-used-to phase.

    Napa!!! How exciting! You're not going to want to come back after you go. =)

    I'm off to vote for my Andrew Jackson replacement! How cool would it be to have a woman?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most likely will miss the weather up there. It's warming up pretty good here, but t-storms are keeping it in check at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you are taking it easy rather than pushing through an injury! And pure barre really is a great workout- I was also really sore after the few times that I went!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hamstrings were really sore and I felt it was right to give them time to work out the knots. My chiro did work on them yesterday too and they feel more normal today.

      Delete