Friday, May 8, 2015

The Vineyards

It's Friday Five and even though the theme is how to share the running love, I'm sharing the vineyards I have chosen for my Napa trip.  It's coming up soon and I'm super excited!  We'll also be in San Francisco until we drive up to Napa.


1) Seghesio - known for their zinfandels but they've got Italian reds, Italian whites and blends

2) Schramsberg - sparkling wine.  This one we're taking a tour and tasting.  It was my one requirement and will be my way to celebrate my birthday.

3) Chateau Montelena - the vineyard that shook the world at the Judgement of Paris when their Chardonnay was chosen as the best in a blind taste test. 

4) Rombauer - Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon

5) Baldacci - Cabernet, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir

I'll add a sixth one too since I asked to go to the Coppola vineyard.  I hear it's quite the experience, and in the museum section, you can see movie props like Don Corleone's desk!


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great trip! I'll just sip some wine outside and pretend I'm in a vineyard :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This'll be my first time in Napa and I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous, Lesley! I can't wait to hear all about your trip; hope you take lots of pics (in between sips of wine, of course) and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking my actual camera so I can get lots of pics. I have a big memory card for trips like these.

      Delete
  3. Oh, your gonna have so much fun! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! The week leading up to the trip is going to be rough. I won't be able to focus much on work :-p

      Delete
  4. oooh a tour of a winery that does sparkling wine. how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my must. My parents have toured Schramsberg in the past so it was the first place I put on my list.

      Delete
  5. OOOO my brother's girlfriend would be SOOOO jealous if she read this right now! She ADORES NAPA and WINEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wine too, and what better place to go in the US than Napa :)

      Delete