Monday, May 4, 2015

Mondays Musings 5/4

Weekend update with Tara!


My weekend consisted of soccer, hockey, and working out.  Not a single football draft, horse race and (oh hell no!) certainly no boxing match.  Makes things easy when I don't care about a lot of sports so I can weed through to get to what I like on the weekend.  If someone in my family watches horse racing, a horse will fall and break its leg.  And I didn't care about boxing so much I slept through it!

Sunday I went back to Pure Barre, and I like the every other weekend that I'm doing.  My muscles get a huge shock but it feels good to know I'm working them.  I see workouts that are different, difficult, and could possibly hurt (a lot), and there's that little voice in my head saying "Let's do it!"




I do know this weekend had a few races across the country - anybody run one? 

*****

Sunday: upper body strength

Monday: PT

Tuesday: 2.25 miles

Wednesday: yoga

Thursday HIIT core

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

10 comments:

  1. Great weekend! I actually did run a race this weekend, in Denmark! It was my first international race (but not really a race..it was a parkrun which is a free, timed "race" held weekly in different cities!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds like fun! I loved Copenhagen when I visited, and running is a great way to see a new city.

      Delete
  2. All I heard about this weekend was about some fight that I could have cared less about...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I slept through it and didn't care about the result.

      Delete
  3. I ran in a marathon relay this weekend, but you already know that. :)

    I didn't watch the fight, either. My husband was planning to buy it until Comcast crashed in the entire state. Good thing, too, because I didn't realize until after the fight that Mayweather is a horrible person. I wouldn't want him to profit from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see PPV was breaking because so many people wanted to watch the fight. Boo on them. Neither boxer is an angel and it's definitely not my kind of sport to watch.

      Delete
  4. I didn't watch the fight either, not my thing. Although I am jealous of the 100 million dollar check... seriously that is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but knowing sports I keep thinking how much goes to the IRS, promoters, the venue, agents and child support. ;-P

      Delete
  5. Definitely didn't watch the fight here either....or the horse races for that matter! :) I know what you mean about hard workouts and that little voice telling you to go for it. Although you might hurt like crazy later, it's nice to try something that gets the blood pumping! :) You had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I listen to that voice! I did Pure Barre on Sunday and I could feel my hamstrings tightening up by the afternoon. They're still tight this morning, and I had to foam roll after breakfast.

      Delete