Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Musings 5/11

Weekend update!


It was a calmer week than normal, but life gets in the way sometimes.  Between my car and chiropractor appointment, I didn't do as much, but sometimes we just need these weeks to recharge.  I also found some good strength training videos from Pop Sugar, and found some exercises that also target my weak butt.  I did a routine put together by Tracey Maleltt, then a Pop Sugar core workout that also did some glute work.

Saturday I got 2.25 miles done but my right periformis was a little tight after the strength training on Thursday, and the tightness manifested in my IT band.  I wanted to do more running, and probably did 1/4-mile too much, but I knew it was a tight butt instead of knee issues.  I spent a lot of Saturday trying to work out any knots in both legs.  Then Sunday I did more strength training.  I followed this video and this video.  Oof!  I could feel the second workout through the afternoon.  And since I didn't think it was enough, I did HIIT for my arms.

Sunday was a very lazy day due to the weather.  We've had t-storms in our forecast since last week and Sunday was raining almost all day.  There were breaks in the rain, but it was perfect for movie watching.  I finished up the Hobbit trilogy and am done with it.  I love the book but they bloated the movies way too much.


*****

Sunday: Pure Barre

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: Bike 30 minutes

Wednesday: Chiropractor

Thursday: strength training

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

15 comments:

  1. I agree about the Hobit movies. AWFUL. I loved Lord of the Rings but the Hobit was made as a pure money maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's so disappointing. The same team that did such a great job with Lord of the Rings did an awful job with the Hobbit :(

      Delete
  2. Last week we had rain and thunder storms just about every day too. Crazy weather but here we need the water so its all good:) Sometimes we just need weeks where we do a little less, so I hear ta on that.
    Glad you enjoyed the books. I haven't read them but I hear they are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting more rain and I saw some of our rivers are above flood levels. We finally have some water in the lakes and rivers before summer hits.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog on Tara's link-up. Are you recovering from an injury? If so, that's always frustrating. But, I do love Barre class and work it into my Stretch & Strength routine. I haven't read The Hobbit, but I know fantasy lovers adore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got ITBS 2 years ago. The recovery has been frustrating and slow, but I'm having fun. I know it's a 2 steps forward, 1 step back thing so I'm just enjoying being able to run again.

      Delete
  4. We do need recharge weeks! I saw the first Hobbit movie with my kids but don't remember anything about it. I'm trying to work on weak glutes and hip strengthening. The exercises make me so sore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some good ones that make me sore too. I know they're working then and just have to keep at 'em.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I definitely need to try these videos, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pop Sugar one had me panting and sweating, but both were good. I like these 10-minute routines because I piece them together or do other stuff with them.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend to me! Glad you were able to recharge a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday was the perfect day to be lazy since it rained all day. Movies and TV were basically what I watched and chilled after my workout.

      Delete
  7. Love Pop Sugar workouts...glad you found some good ones! :) Sounds like a great weekend!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm going through their Youtube page to see what else looks good.

      Delete
  8. Mondays are especially difficult days after getting off from an entire weekend away from work. I can relate to the way that you feel. Personally, seeking help from a chiropractor has been an amazing option and decision for me. I feel that it has helped my body to adjust better to the strain of having to go back into work.

    Prince Baughman @ Everybody's Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete