Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I'm Back!!

I'm back from Napa/San Francisco.  When we booked the airfare and went Friday to Friday, I didn't realize I'd be getting back the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.  Bonus.  I could use 3 days to recover and get back on Central time, plus recover from all the fun and wine consumed.  And deal with an upset cat.  She wasn't happy I went on vacation and she got boarded, plus her yearly physical and shots.  She doesn't react well to the shots but it's once a year, and she has to get them.


In 6 days we did the Napa Valley wine train, hit 10 wineries and had 1.5 days in San Francisco around the trip to Napa.  The first day in San Francisco was walking around pier 39 and Fisherman's Warf, we rode a cable car, and ate Boudin bread.  Given the lines and demand for Boudin, I don't think Gluten free matters in some parts of San Francisco.


The wineries we went to are Fort Ross, which is on the coast, just north of Jenner By the Sea, then Coppola, Seghesio, Silver Oak Cellars and Lytton Springs, all up around Geyserville, then Schramsberg, Chateau Montelena, Duckhorn, Rombauer and Baldacci, all between Calistoga and Napa.


We stayed at the Geyserville Inn the first two nights in the valley, then at the Bear Flag Inn the next two nights.  I would recommend both if any of y'all are looking to go up to Napa.  The Geyserville Inn is not a B&B but the Bear Flag Inn is.  We have friends who live in Marin County so we stayed with them the nights in San Francisco, then the Westin by the airport the last night since we had early flights out.

10 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to San Francisco. Wine tasty tours sound so fun. That soup in the bread bowl looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so yummy, and we sat outside and people watched too.

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! And that's great that you had an extra 3 days off to recover. Good planning or happy accident? Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think happy accident, and I was quite happy to have 3 days. But that did make yesterday a bit tough.

      Delete
  3. What a FANTASTIC trip, Lesley! I'm so glad you had a good time on your trip and were able to see so many amazing things along your journey; that view! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's in Geyserville, outside our deck at the inn. Napa is gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that you had a great trip! My husband and I were just talking this weekend about how we should plan a return trip to Napa in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already know I want to go back again. 10 wineries barely scratched the surface.

      Delete
  5. I've been to San Fran, but never to Napa, that photo looks just gorgeous!
    10 Winery's wow that is amazing! Sounds like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been to Napa either and figured it was about time :)

      Delete