Friday, April 10, 2015

World Traveler

Today's Friday Five is about trips we've taken.  You can find in-depth reports linked on my travel page, but I'll chose 5 places.

1) Paris - Sights, sounds, food and wine!  Paris is so much fun and walk around as much as you can.  Buy crepes from the street vendors.  They're made right there so the crepe is warm and the toppings and nutella are ooey gooey delicious!  If you want a challenge, skip the elevator lines at the Eiffel Tower and climb the stairs.  Even with all those steps, it's faster than waiting.


2) St. Petersburg - I've been to some European countries multiple times, but I have a feeling I'll only be in St. Petersburg once.  We got in on a cruise, otherwise there are so many hoops and red tape to get a visa.

3) Venice - Venice is unlike any city I've been too.  To be in a city whose heyday was well before the US was "discovered" is amazing.

4) Copenhagen - Another great walking city.  We walked from our hotel, around the city square, and out to the harbor to see the Little Mermaid statue and back.  Oh, wear walking shoes!  A lot of these cities still have old cobblestones in the walkways.


5) Finally, one place I would love to visit is Spain!  Food and wine but also so much more.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

17 comments:

  1. I love Copenhagen - it's my favourite city (so far!). You're right in that it's very much a walking city and I love how laidback and happy everyone seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got off our cruise after a celebration in Copenhagen. At least I think it was a celebration. There were soap suds in every fountain in the main square.

      Delete
  2. Everyone seems to love Copenhagen! I'm going in 2 weeks and couldn't be more excited :) I'll have to check out your travel page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! It's a small city compared to some other European cities, but it was a lot of fun. Lots of walking.

      Delete
  3. You've been on some amazing trips, Lesley! I would love to visit Italy; my in-laws spent almost three weeks there and had an amazing time! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate and drank my way through Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome. Everything was so good.

      Delete
  4. Love your list! Venice is such a cool place to visit and the food-Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was amazing. We would see the markets each morning and I just wanted to eat it all.

      Delete
  5. I would love to visit Venice. Anywhere in Italy would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Italy. If I went to the Mediterranean again I'd go to Greece.

      Delete
  6. I've heard Copenhagen is awesome. And speaking of awe, I can't believe you climbed up the Eiffel Tower! We walked down it from the mid-level deck and I thought that was tiring (those were my pre-running days, though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was before my running days too, and I was out of shape. But it's better than waiting in super long lines when you have limited time.

      Delete
  7. I've heard Copenhagen is awesome. And speaking of awe, I can't believe you climbed up the Eiffel Tower! We walked down it from the mid-level deck and I thought that was tiring (those were my pre-running days, though).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to any of the places on your list, partly because I've never been to Europe. I'm hoping to change that in the next year or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Europe is so much fun. There's so much history and you can walk all over the city if you want to. We visited Europe when I was very young, so I'll say London is the first European city I remember.

      Delete
  9. Paris has been on my mind a lot since the marathon was last weekend. I'd love to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I to include Paris on this list because of the marathon. I think it would be so much fun, there are so many landmarks.

      Delete