Today's Friday Five is about trips we've taken. You can find in-depth reports linked on my travel page, but I'll chose 5 places.
1) Paris - Sights, sounds, food and wine! Paris is so much fun and walk around as much as you can. Buy crepes from the street vendors. They're made right there so the crepe is warm and the toppings and nutella are ooey gooey delicious! If you want a challenge, skip the elevator lines at the Eiffel Tower and climb the stairs. Even with all those steps, it's faster than waiting.
2) St. Petersburg - I've been to some European countries multiple times, but I have a feeling I'll only be in St. Petersburg once. We got in on a cruise, otherwise there are so many hoops and red tape to get a visa.
3) Venice - Venice is unlike any city I've been too. To be in a city whose heyday was well before the US was "discovered" is amazing.
4) Copenhagen - Another great walking city. We walked from our hotel, around the city square, and out to the harbor to see the Little Mermaid statue and back. Oh, wear walking shoes! A lot of these cities still have old cobblestones in the walkways.
5) Finally, one place I would love to visit is Spain! Food and wine but also so much more.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!