Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Track and Field Events

One thing I didn't mention yesterday is I watched the Penn Relays Saturday with Allie.  The whole time I wanted to watch the broadcast but when a sleepy cat is right up against you, you slowly start falling asleep too.  I held out until the Drake Relays came on afterwards.  As you can tell, I wasn't allowed to move.


Anybody else love watching running events on TV, or even running documentaries?  I almost screamed at my computer last year when Meb turned on to Boylston.  I wanted to go out and run after seeing both Spirit of the Marathon docs.  And of course I listen to Chariots of Fire when I'm running (which will never be the same due to the Olympics and Rowan Atkinson).

I also think either the 30 for 30 team or the Spirit of the Marathon team needs to put something together for the Boston Marathon.  It's got so much history to it and it's so prestigious because of the qualifying method.  If only we could get them to do it.

Tuesdays on the Run wit AprilPatty, and Erika.

 

11 comments:

  1. Ha, my cat pins me down too. Usually in between me and my computer LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll do that too, but then I have to put the comp down and let her snuggle.

      Delete
  2. I loved Spirit of the Marathon! I want to watch Spirit of the Marathon II (where they chronicle runners training for the Rome Marathon) and "The Terry Fox Story." There's also a documentary out there called "The Last Mile" which I've heard good things about. So many great films to pick from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I went to see SofM2 in the theater and it was so motivating. Netflix just won't carry it :(

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed watching both Spirit of the Marathon movies. I also live watching uninformed events and movies. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think a Boston doc from its start to present day would be so interesting. So much history has happened just in that race.

      Delete
  4. I do love watching running events, and even movies (McFarland USA which in my opinion is one of the best running/sports motivational and uplifting movies ever:)
    The Olympics, are seriously one thing that I will literally plan my life around so I can watch as many of the running events as possible too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen McFarland yet but I'll save it on my Netflix profile. The trailer looked good, but I wasn't having much luck with movies this year.

      Delete
  5. That's awesome that someone knows Drake Relays! I went to Drake! Although back then I wasn't a runner so the highlight of that event was the parties. I did get to see Michael Johnson and Suzy Favor Hamilton run, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've loved to see Michael Johnson run. Even during the trials for '96, my dad pointed him out and told me to watch him run.

      Delete