Friday, April 17, 2015

These Are (5) of My Favorite Brands

Another Friday 5, this one I think I really like :-)  Five brands to love.  Yay!


1) Starting at my feet, I wear Brooks Adrenaline.  I was fitted for the 14's last year and I bought the 15's in February, in what Brooks calls the raspberry color.  I have high arches so the Adrenaline's support my feet, with some extra help with my Superfeet inserts.  The one change that took some getting use to on the 15's is where they placed the reflector strip in the front.  It's on top of the mesh, near my big toe.  My big toe would hit that a lot when running and I thought it was hitting the edge of the toe box.

2) Running Skirts, I can say enough about them.  I didn't start off using skirts but when I splurged and went with what I call the Minnie Mouse skirt, I fell in love.  They're super comfy with two big pockets on the side so I don't have to carry everything while I'm running.  I had to do that with running shorts since the pockets are so small, and I felt kind of like a pack mule.


3) Zensah sports bras aren't anything fancy, but they're exactly what I need.  I'm not "gifted" and don't need a lot of extra support, but I still need support for high impact running.  Zensah is great for my torso and I've never needed any breaking in period for the sports bras.  They also come in a lot of fun colors, just like their calf sleeves.

4) Sweaty Bands.  Yeah, I might have a problem since they keep coming out with new designs.  I always find ones I love, and now they're designing special ones for races, like Disney.  I love the Cheshire Cat design I ordered in January.


5) Last, I use Neutrogena sunscreen because it doesn't make me feel like a greased pig.  Once I apply it, I don't even feel like I'm wearing sunscreen, which is great!  And I need sunscreen.  I'm so fair y'all I even impressed my dermatologist the first time I met her.  When you impress a dermatologist whose been practicing for 20 years, you're white.  Currently I have a bottle of SPF 55, but will go down to SPF 30.

Please note, I love these brands because they work for me.  They may not work for everyone, and none of these are sponsored.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

18 comments:

  1. I also love Brooks and Neutrogena. They're both the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with my Brooks and I keep my fingers crossed each new model isn't a huge change.

      Delete
  2. I love that Neutrogena sunscreen! I live in Florida and am fair with tons of freckles, so I have to slather it on all the time. I've got it in my purse, my desk, my bathroom and my kitchen (we usually go through the kitchen to the carport, so I can grab the bottle on the way out!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best I've used. Since I'm so far, I've used my share of sunscreen and that's the best I feel. It's like just putting on lotion without that sunscreen feeling or smell.

      Delete
  3. i've never tried zensah bras but i swear by their compression products. they are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my calf sleeves so I didn't think much when I tried their sports bras. They're so comfy and are just what I need.

      Delete
  4. Sweaty bands are great! I love all their designs, and they really don't slip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite impressed the first time I tried them. The band didn't slip at all during a soccer game, and I was hooked.

      Delete
  5. I love Sweaty Bands and I REALLY love Neutrogena sunscreen; you are so right about not feeling greasy and it's one of the only ones I've ever tried that doesn't bother my eyes when I get sweaty. Hope you have a great weekend, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really sweat in my eyes, but there have been a couple times when sunscreen has stung my eyes. I need to cover every inch and need to be able to get it on my face.

      Delete
  6. I'm not gifted either. Good to know about Zensah. I didn't even know they made bras! Great shoe color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was browsing on their website and saw sports bras. They're the exact style I love and they have the S/M, M/L and L/XL kind of sizes instead of basing it on cup sizes.

      Delete
  7. I haven't ran in running skirts until this yr when my sister bought one for me for the Disney Marathon. I am a huge fan. Love the side pockets. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pockets, I love the fabric, and of course they keep coming out with new designs. Those darn new designs.

      Delete
  8. I love the Disney Sweaty Bands! My friend picked up the Belle one for me during Marathon Weekend. I can't wait to have an excuse to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear my Cheshire Cat one all the time. There are other Disney designs, but I have to spread those purchases out.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like we have lots of the same favorite brands! I am obsessed with Sweaty Bands and wear one pretty much every day, but interestingly enough, I don't use them while running, haha. And I just ran in my new Running Skirt for the first time the other day -- super comfy! I LOVE the polka dot design (mainly because I love anything with polka dots, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the comfort factor right away. I loved it on my first run and I was hooked.

      Delete