Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tank Tops

This could have been a topic to post yesterday for Tuesdays on the Run, but I planned this as a What I'm Loving post already.


Running tank tops.  I'm incredibly picky about what I wear when I'm running and lately I hate anything with sleeves.  I've actually been that way for a while, and I'm building up my collection of work out tank tops.  My preferences for the tanks have also changed from wearing anything to being even more picky about the cut of the tanks.  I hate tight tanks now because they ride up my torso and bunch in the middle.  Anybody else hate that?  Due to that, I'm wearing tank tops that are either semi-fitted or loose, and I just tuck the straps under my sports bra.

I'm also branching out in different colors.  Notice how workout clothes have the standard color selection?  I fell in love with my Saucony tank top clear across the running store.  It's purple with lighter purple in the design, with yellow trim.  Basically, it shouted all the way to me "pick me! pick me!"  It was one of those in which I hoped it fit because I was buying it anyway.  I bumped up a size to keep it loose and I love everything about it.


I don't have a favorite brand, but I will say I hate Nike tank tops.  They may feel their cuts are loose, but they're not loose enough to flow over my hips unless I go up sizes, which makes the tank way too big.  Currently I have Under Armour, Adidas and Saucony in my tank top collection, and I'm always on the look out for more.  If I have down time at work, I'm usually looking at Dick's Sporting Goods, or the brand's direct website.  I'm having much more luck ordering items online than finding them in the store.  Good thing I know what size fits me!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean about tanks that ride up...hate that! I love loose tanks, too...especially in the summer months! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear them in winter too, but the loose tanks just feel lighter when I run in the summer.

      Delete
  2. I am also not a fan of tanks riding up, and agree that it seems like the tighter ones tend to ride up more. It gets annoying having to constantly tug down your tank when it rides up every 50 feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Run a few feet, pull it down. Run a few feet, pull it down. That can get tricky on the treadmill but I still do it.

      Delete
  3. I always prefer tanks in the summer time opposed to just short sleeve running shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have a sweaty run in the short sleeves, I just feel so uncomfortable until I can get the shirt off. Yuck!

      Delete
  4. I am like you, I don't have a favorite brand. As long as they are soft and feel like they aren't even there, and dont ride up, I actually like a tad loose. Then they are perfect for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've embraced the loose, and it feels so much better. It allows me to feel any kind of breeze instead of stuck in a shirt.

      Delete
  5. I am also a fan of looser tanks. I feel they are more flattering and also feel better during a workout! My favorite right now is Oiselle's Stripped Tank - love the longer length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like tank tops that are longer. If they rode up, I'm still covered but now the loose ones stay put and flow with me when I run.

      Delete