Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Season Update

Tuesdays on the Run with AprilPatty, and Erika.


The theme today is spring training update.  I've updated y'all with my plan to not do a 5k this spring and keep slowly building and having fun.

That being said, who looks at event calendars and race websites, kind of like window shopping?  I do.  I'm not sure it's a good thing but I certainly do it.  I've been good since my Napa trip is providing the distraction, but before the planning, and even in the height of my ITBS battle, I would still window shop races.  I know I'll go back to that after Napa.


I decided big races are for race-cations and smaller races are ok for the local area.  I did the whole run a race, go back to work the next day, and it was so anti-climatic.  If I did a vacation, I could sleep in the next day, slowly make my way through the day, maybe fly back home.  I found out then that I need that Monday after a half marathon to recover and treat myself.  

Can y'all hop back to it after a race or do y'all need at least a day of vacation to recover?

4 comments:

  1. I play so hard on vacation whether it's a racecation or regular vacation I swear it takes me a week to recover, but generally I just go back to work tired and deal with it and slowly get rested up until the next vacation!
    I think your trip to Napa is going to be fun, and might as well not push it for a 5k if you're not ready for it just yet, I think that is smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never one to just sit back and do nothing on vacation. I take my mom's mantra of "you can sleep any time." That does mean I'm slow at work though for the first couple days back.

      Delete
  2. I love the term "window shopping for races". Yea, we do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only term I could think of. It is like window shopping. I see it, I check it out, but I don't buy it.

      Delete