Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Seasonal 5K's

Anybody notice how Fall seems to have not only many more 5K's, but the themes are a lot more fun?  Maybe it's just Texas.  I wanted to try to be ready for a 5K this spring, but I've decided to let that slide and just keep having fun and slowly building.  Deciding to let the 5K spring season go takes the pressure off.


Part of this decision is my left knee.  It's been the good knee during my whole ITBS experience and I don't want it to become a problem.  I hit it many times with lacrosse ball rolling this weekend and I've got tender spots that honestly should be bruising.  I was talking to my chiro and we were discussing run/walk intervals and he said it really is a science.  I've found the 3/1 interval is working best for me right now, but I had to experiment with other intervals to find my perfect one.


This isn't easy, but I'm having fun running again, shopping for running gear, and building playlists again.  I have more songs for my Like a Woman playlist, but I also need to take a couple out.  Those are the first ones I put in the playlist 3 years ago and they're becoming stale.  I forgot how much I love the Pitch Perfect soundtrack until it was on TV a couple weeks ago.  I have the Bellas final and it's great to run to.

Tuesdays on the Run with April, Patty, and Erika.

12 comments:

  1. Pitch Perfect is great running music! Have you ever listened to the Pitch Perfect Pandora station? I love it! So good to listen to during a run or when I'm trying to clean up the house :)

    Good idea to take off the spring..you always have to be careful and make your health a #1 priority. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made good progress and I don't want a set back. and no, I didn't know Pitch Perfect has a Pandora station. Are they previewing the 2 soundtrack?

      Delete
  2. Glad your knee is getting better! 5K's can be fun, but not if they compromise the gains you've made in rehab. There will always be races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right knee is doing well, and I'll do everything I can to keep the left one good as well.

      Delete
  3. I hope you are ready to knock out a few 5K's by Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There are a lot of fun ones on the calendar.

      Delete
  4. I hope your knee is back to 100%, soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I know where to go if I need help though.

      Delete
  5. I am glad to hear your enjoying getting back into running!
    I agree there are a lot of 5k's in the fall, and lots of themed and family oriented races, lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun ones. If I see fun ones for spring, they're no where near here.

      Delete
  6. In Florida, the races start drying up around now and don't really start up again until the fall! Hope that knee is all healed up soon! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have ones year round but after mid-May, it heats up very quickly. I end up inside all summer long.

      Delete