Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Planning for Napa

New posts for Wednesdays, this'll be my first what I'm loving.  I'm loving planning my birthday celebration trip to Napa.  My birthday was in January, but winter's boring and I was packing up everything to move.  My parents have been to Napa before, but not me.  This is my first time so why not do it big?  I love wine.

The wine selection from this past weekend.  I told y'all Mom spoils me when she visits.
I'm due for a big birthday milestone celebration.  Seriously, the last 3 milestones have been awful.  18 was during mid-year exams, and 21 and 25 were just crappy due to events completely out of my control.  Even before my 29th I declared I was going to have a fun way to celebrate turning 30.  It didn't have to happen right on my 30th birthday, but I wanted to celebrate, and I chose Napa.

I've decided on the vineyards I want to go to, so why not do some taste testing with some of the wines.  OK, some are out of my price range, so I'll wait till the vineyard visit.  But I've seen some wines at Total Wine that I know I can splurge on, like from Chateau Montelena.  Yes, we are going to the Chateau that shocked everyone in the Judgement of Paris.  It's wine history, and I need to go.  The other places I've picked are Schramsberg, Rombauer and Baldacci.  Schramsberg was a must, it is sparkling wine.  Happy birthday to me :-)

This trip has been such a good diversion when I needed to step away from the stress of work and look over my list to whittle down.  What am I going to divert myself with after the trip?  I've watched the 3 wine movies I know of, Hollywood needs to make more.  They are A Good Year, Sideways and Bottle Shock.  Pour a glass and watch those movies.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Everyone I know has so much fun in Napa.

      Delete
  2. Napa sounds amazing! My sister moved to California a few years ago and loves visiting the wine country. I love visiting wine regions (I've been to Niagara and the Finger Lakes on the east coast). Hope that you have a great time and drink some amazing wine! By the way, if you have Netflix, you have to watch Somm. It's an amazing documentary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look that up, thanks :) I'm having a lot of fun prior to this trip.

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea! Sounds like it's going to be a great way to celebrate your birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the trip. I'm taking two cameras and will have plenty of pictures to post.

      Delete
  4. Celebrating in Napa sounds like a great idea! We went to Napa and Sonoma in 2012 for our first wedding anniversary and absolutely loved our trip. If you need ideas for more wineries to go to, don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I think we'll spend a couple days around Sonoma, whatever is in the Russian River Valley.

      Delete