Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Musings 4/6

Weekend Update with Tara at Running N Reading.

People come and we have fun, then they have to leave :(  My mom visited on Thursday and left Sunday.  She spoiled me, we had fun, then her flight left for Denver.  *SIGH*

Thursday started with my chiro appointment and my doctor said I was 1/2-inch out of alignment, which might explain the dull ache in my left knee.  He put me back in alignment and did say my left leg felt tighter than the right.  I spent the rest of the weekend working on my legs.  Foam rolling, lacrosse ball rolling, stretching, icing.  Y'all know the drill.  After the appointment, I left to go pick up my mom from the airport.

Thursday we had lunch at La Madeleine, went shopping, bought wine, and watched the first half of the Dovekeepers.  Anybody else watch the mini-series?  Since I was DVR-ing it so we could watch it during my mom's visit, I didn't watch it live.  I wanted to watch it with fresh eyes.  It was slightly different from what I was expecting, but I also haven't read the book it's based on.  We also watched Vikings, and the show is at Ragnar's attack on Paris.  This Paris is just the island city, so nothing what I'm used to.  This is even pre-Notre Dame as we know it.


Friday was more La Madeleine, pedicures (I went with a very sunny yellow), lunch with friends, more shopping, more wine.  I'm in the market for a sleeper sofa and I've narrowed down two sofas, both at the same store.  It'll make it easy for me to bounce between the two and make a decision.  They are sleeper sofas in the showroom and are very comfortable.  I know how hard sleeper sofas can be so the comfortable factor was a pleasant surprise.


Saturday was more shopping, we finished up Dovekeepers, and ordered food from Palio's and watched movies.  Overall a very fun visit with my mom, but she had to go back to Denver :(  The rest of Sunday was usual apartment cleaning, we watched Ben-Hur before going to the airport, I watched some Scrubs, Monty Python's Life of Brian, more Scrubs, and even still had time to watch some of the Ten Commandments.  Sunday was the perfect weather to watch TV (and pout).  I didn't workout at all after Tuesday, but I needed a mental break and time to work on my left leg.  Overall it was a GREAT weekend.

*****

Sunday: upper body and core strength

Monday: PT - lower body

Tuesday: 2.5 miles

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

12 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with your mom. I've never heard of Dovekeepers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the book but I thought the series itself was well done.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great visit from your mom! I love your pedicure color, too; very Spring-y! We did not watch The Dovekeepers, but I know about it; I'm glad you enjoyed it. We did watch some of The Ten Commandments yesterday. Thanks so much for linking up with the blog and I hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted spring for my toes. I normally go with reds or pinks so this was way out of my usual selection.

      Delete
  3. It's awesome your Mom was able to visit! I love the yellow polish. I desperately need a pedicure. I haven't heard of The Dovekeepers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had a pedicure for a year. I very much needed one.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great time with mom:)
    I do love the bright yellow toes, so fun! I always say if you're going to paint your toes why not go bright and fun! Love it!
    Hopefully your rest break ends up being exactly the right thing for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salon I go to also does nail art, so I have flowers on my big toes :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that you had a great visit from your mom. Visits with family members always fly by way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too quickly :( I was seriously pouting as I walked back to my car at the airport, and pouted all the way home.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a great weekend! Hopefully the adjustment took care of any little aches and pains your were having...I can definitely relate to that annoying alignment stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm running today so I'll get to test out the adjustments made. Fingers crossed!

      Delete