Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Musings 4/20

Happy Marathon Monday!  I'll be watching the live stream on my computer but I have a meeting this morning :-(

Weekend recap with Tara at Running N Reading.

First thing, my couch was delivered on Friday!  I wanted to stay home after the delivery but I did have to go to work.  Allie was under the bed when I left, but I put her blanket on the couch to help her adapt to the new furniture while I was at work.  I stayed extra minutes after the delivery to see if she would come out and check out the sofa, but she was sprawled out under my bed, sleeping, so I let her be.


It was a busy Saturday since I decided to take advantage of a sale at JC Penney since I needed to replace some shoes I keep at work.  I bought a pair of St. John's Bay shoes last year for a wedding, and the shoes doubled up as work shoes.  I love the style, love that the heel is less than 1.5" and they are comfy as all get.  I bought the same pair in a gold color, and I hit up Bath and Body Works.  I got some pretty good loot!


Thursday, Heather wrote a post about stepping out of the comfort zone, and I took her advice.  I'd been thinking about Pure Barre, but figured it was out of my budget.  Then I realized if it worked and really helped me build up strength, I could possibly drop a PT session.  I signed up for my first class, which was Sunday.  I need something new to get into my schedule since I feel like I'm in a little bit of a cross training rut.  I skipped my bike workout Thursday, like I did a couple weeks ago, and I feel like I need something different to mix things up.

Allie even decided to help me wake up for my class, but a 5:40 wake up call for a 9:30 class was a bit much.  Thanks hun!  She woke me up by treating me like a speed bump and walking over my neck to the other side of the bed.  Seriously?  She's so thoughtful.  A serious nap happened after lunch.


And my run on Saturday was great!  It was one of those runs where everything clicked.  My intervals ticked off quickly, I found a great rhythm and I had great songs.  I have many playlists to chose from when I'm working out, and this one I call my soundtrack list.  I have songs from various movies and Broadway plays.  My favorite song this time around was "Mean Green Mother from Outer Space" from Little Shop of Horrors.  For you Disney fans, that's Howard Ashman and Alan Menken :)


*****

Sunday: biking and upper body strength training

Monday: PT

Tuesday: 2 miles (another rough run)

Wednesday: yoga core work (killed my arms, go figure)

Thursday: rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

14 comments:

  1. That is great to hear that your run went well. My legs are getting worse and it's making me nervous for the upcoming pixie dust challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to rest for two years, but maybe that rest has helped? Sometimes I think "it's about time!"

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love that couch :) Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The couch is great! It's a sleeper sofa but it's really comfy.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the runs when everything "clicks!" Such a cute couch, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those runs. I had some tough runs during the week the past couples times so hopefully I've turned a corner.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome about your run Saturday, love runs like that!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the race this morning, I had ever intention of watching it but forgot I needed to attend a co-workers retirement party and I needed to be there for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retirement party does sound like a good reason. You could pull up the live stream and watch it again if BAA still has it up.

      Delete
  5. Love the couch! Also love the playlist selection - glad you had a good soundtrack for your awesome run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized a long time ago Broadway has some great workout songs. They're usually big ensemble numbers.

      Delete
  6. I like the couch! Congrats on the great run. You inspire me to make my own soundtrack playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my living room is complete. The couch does sit higher than my other furniture, but that means my feet aren't in the way of the TV.

      Delete
  7. I like your sofa! Isn't it fun to get new furniture? We rarely buy it so it's a huge treat for us.

    I hope you like barre. I tried it when I was in Washington, DC, and thought it was fun and really tough--basically, a great workout. It's so tough that it seems like it would be impossible to "master," and that I wouldn't ever get bored with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I didn't feel like I had been there 55 minutes but I was. That makes me happy that a class moves that quickly.

      Delete