Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Musings 4/13

This past week I did two days of yoga.  Yes, two!  Yay me.  I did core work on Sunday and my lower back has been aching since, and after doing a Jillian Michaels level 3 workout, my hamstrings needed stretching.  I normally bike on Thursdays but I got plenty of cardio on level 3 so I threw in an extra session of yoga.  My hamstrings were more sore the next day, but I felt like I still helped them out.


Now that I have my Napa vineyards set, I'm tempted to try their wine, but I want to wait until the trip so I'm surprised.  Instead, I'm buying other wines.  Makes sense to me :)  I really think Total Wine should have a rewards program.  Now that I've been shopping there, I see how many kinds of wine they have, and how knowledgable their employees are.  I bought a highly recommended Malbec to celebrate in a way.  I "adulted" this weekend and bought a sleeper sofa.  I'd been saving up for one and I pulled the trigger.  It's in stock so delivery will be Thursday!  I'm not sure about this whole adult thing, but I'm excited about the sofa.


Finally I decided to buy new inserts for my shoes.  I wear Superfeet Berry inserts and couldn't remember the last time I bought a new pair.  My feet have been sore lately, which got me thinking about the inserts and I decided it was time for new ones.  I don't know if they will help my knees, but they couldn't hurt, right?  I started keeping my golf ball in the freezer ice tray because of soreness and I'm hoping the inserts will help in that aspect.

Weekend update with Tara at Running N Reading.


*****

Sunday: core work

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: 2 miles

Wednesday: Killer buns and thighs, level 3

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

8 comments:

  1. I had a pair of ortholite inserts that I wore once and then threw away because they gave me blisters. My PT wants to put me back in another insert. I'm now sad I threw them away cus they are not cheap. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Superfeet are $50 and are pretty durable. I think it was just two years wear and tear and I knew I could use some new ones.

      Delete
  2. Aww, your cat is so pretty! Can't wait to see pics of the new sofa; definitely an "adult" purchase - ha! You'll be glad you did, though. Thanks so much for linking up with the blog; hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for the sofa because it was a goal purchase. I just don't like the adult concept, but I really liked the sofa on the showroom.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great workout week!
    So fun about the new sofa, enjoy! Hope your new feet inserts work great! Funny thing, I actually started wearing my inserts again at work, not when I run, but just if I am going to be working long hours on my feet. I notice a huge difference, I am trying not to use them all the time, as for myself they might not be good to get used to, but I think on occasion they are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the inserts help because my feet have started feeling tired or cramping. I think that's what got me thinking about inserts in the first place.

      Delete
  4. Great weekend. I've got to get back into yoga I can so feel the difference when I don't do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do some flexibility yoga and I can tell when I haven't done it. I have to go through more of the stretches to feel the flexible coming back.

      Delete