Thursday, April 9, 2015

Low Maintenance Fashion

Tuesday I followed a Facebook link, and it's so me.  It's not even funny how me it is.  Low maintenance fashion.  That's me to a T.


I'm not in to a fashion.  I'm not fashion inept, but I don't pay attention to the trends.  I know what looks good on me and a lot of times, the trends don't.  Either colors or cuts don't work for my complexion or body type.  No wonder I'm so picky.  My biggest fear in college was getting a job that required me to wear suits every day.  I can't tell y'all how uncomfortable suits make me.  Thankfully I can rock business casual and I get to wear jeans on Fridays.  With my sneakers.

In high school, I had 4 pairs of shoes: running shoes, cleats, flip flops and snow boots.  Now I have running shoes, two pairs of flip flops (one's fancy), and 1 pair of dress shoes.  Still only 4 pairs of shoes, and my work shoes wouldn't even qualify as kitten heels.  They're also open-toed so my toes don't get blisters.  I'll even wear these shoes in the winter since cold toes >>>> blisters.  Anything that interferes with running is out.

The only bullet point that doesn't match my style is #18.  I wear my contacts all the time, partly for vanity, partly because I need to wear sunglasses, even on cloudy days.  I found this article fascinating since I fit practically every bullet point listed.  The 20/80 rule is me, maybe even 20/90.  Don't get me wrong, I love shopping, but I rarely buy.

*****

Can we talk about coming back from vacation?  I know it was only 4 days, but it was 4 days of me eating yummy crap.  I did 2 miles on Tuesday and I felt every gram of that yummy crap.  My legs felt a little heavy, my form was awful, and I couldn't find a rhythm.  I stuck with 2/1 ratios and just got it done.  Don't worry, Allie's here to help me foam roll


Thinking Out Loud with Amanda at Running With Spoons.

6 comments:

  1. Omg that article is brilliant! YES to almost everything, except that I seriously love makeup because it's just another art form to me. But when ir comes to clothes The simpler the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear a little bit of make up, but I didn't master a lot of it. Simple make up, simple clothes.

      Delete
  2. I don't ever follow fashion trends either. If I do, it's usually aa few years later..haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can't help but think what the designers were on to create fashion trends.

      Delete
  3. This is so funny! I am semi- low maintenance. I wear jeans to work every day and keep a pair of flats at my desk to wear. As soon as I'm home I switch to workout gear! I definitely only have 2 hairstyles- down for work and in a pony tail any other time. Bun is too much effort!

    I do enjoy playing with makeup though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear the basic make up but I haven't gotten eyeliner down, and don't even get me started on smoky eyes. I usually end up looking like Po.

      Delete