Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Musings 3/30

Weekend update with Tara at Running N Reading.


I mixed up some things this weekend so I could still workout but have lazy days.  I needed to run errands in out of the way places Saturday morning so I opted to run Friday at the gym after work.  Tuesday I had a scare and felt a dull ache on the outside of my left knee.  It wasn't twinging at all, but I went into panic mode because there's no way I want ITBS on that side.  My left side has been the good side throughout this whole ordeal and I need it to keep being the good side.  I think part of it was the 4/1 ratio I was using so now I think 3/1 is my optimal choice.  I chose 3/1 on Friday and didn't have any aching.

I have made an appointment with my chiropractor, and I made it before I ran on Friday.  Either way I need to get in and see him because I haven't been in since November.  I'm upping my mileage and I need to make sure everything is in alignment.  If he can hit my left knee with ART, bonus.  Well, both legs with ART actually.

Friday I also mailed out my $2 to the IRS.  Yes, that's right, $2.  I sent a check since I was sure the IRS wouldn't see the humor in receiving two $1-bills.  It's like the year I owed Massachusetts $5 and figured a $5-bill instead of a check wouldn't be funny to them.  Now I should be good for another year.  Oy tax season!

Finally I want the life of my cat.  Seriously, she found the sun beam and was quite comfy.


*****

Sunday: upper body and core

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: 2.25 miles

Wednesday: lower body

Thursday: rest

Friday: 2.25 miles

Saturday: rest

20 comments:

  1. Hopefully your chiropracticor can straighten you out and you pain will not be consistent. I think that about my dog sometimes. Just laying around on the couch all day....ah the life. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not twanging so I'm hoping it's not too tight. ART is a good start and maybe he can get it to loosen up.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I got $1 back last year. At least it's consistent right now.

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain about the ITBS, literally. I've struggled with knee issues for years - they are very stubborn! I wish you a speedy recovery!

    $2 to the IRS! That is funny. When I took taxation courses in college, our professor always instructed us to try to get our net tax payable/receivable as close to zero as possible when we filed our taxes. Looks like you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me think I'm withholding the right amount. I know people who withhold more so they'll get a refund, but I prefer having it all each month as I earn it.

      Delete
  4. Wow! $2! you almost broke even- that is funny! Good luck with the chiro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past couple years' filings have been funny.

      Delete
  5. That's pretty crazy that you actually have to mail a check for $2!
    I really hope your knee doesn't turn into an issue- its smart of you to go to the chiro ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the left one doesn't become an issue. I'm just getting the right side back online.

      Delete
  6. After my fall down the camper steps I'd probably benefit from making sure everything is alright. I know about ITB issues and they are not fun. Hope its not that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not twinging with makes me kind of hopeful, but I did go into panic mode.

      Delete
  7. Funny about the $2.. I bet so many send them pennies LOL of course doing so would probably just increase the chances of an audit just for their fun of it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I filled out a check. I don't want to give them extra reasons to audit me.

      Delete
  8. I would be thrilled to send the IRS $2 in any form. I want to be your cat too. My dogs sun in the backyard. What a hard life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough life indeed. She can sleep in the sun, in her condo, on the furniture, or on my bed.

      Delete
  9. Aww, I want to be your cat, too, Lesley! :) I am cracking up over your $2 tax bill; doesn't part of you wonder whether they could just let that one go? Hilarious. Thanks so much for linking up with the blog and I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them print me a check for my $1 refund last year since I knew between printing the check and mailing it, it would cost them more than $1.

      Delete
  10. Your cat looks so comfy ) $2?! Really, IRS?! Ugh can't wait for tax season to be over!

    ~ Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never happy to have to file a return, but mailing it off with all the paperwork made me feel better. I normally file in March so I don't stress in April.

      Delete