Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Musings 3/23

Weekend update with Tara at Running N Reading.

The weekend was thankfully quiet but I still did stuff with friends.  Friday night we were supposed to watch FC Dallas play Philly, but they postponed the game because it snowed.  Say what?  Philly postponed a game due to snow?  Sorry, not buying it.  They wouldn't postpone Eagles games so what was really going on?  At least the game was played Saturday and we were able to watch the game and eat some chili.  I also found my heaven, and it's called Total Wine and More.  Since I'm going to Napa in May, I'm researching vineyards and their wines :-)

I'm also starting to watch Mork and Mindy.  The episodes are funny but honestly, I can't watch more than 2 at a time.  Mork is just soooo hyper.  I know some of that was cocaine-fulled, but most of it was just natural energy.  There are some shows like Scrubs and the Big Bang Theory that I can plow through all episodes on one disc and not even think about it.  I am making my way through the episodes, but not as quickly as I normally do with a show.  They are funny, but I just need a break after watching a couple.


*****

Sunday: upper body and core

Monday: PT

Tuesday: 2 miles

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: bike 5 miles

Friday: yoga

Saturday: 2.25 miles

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! Mork and Mindy! I haven't thought about that in years; I think it would be kind of fun to see the episodes from an adult perspective. I'm old enough that I vaguely remember them as a child and, of course, I've seen clips from episodes. Interesting to hear your thoughts on it. I love The Big Bang Theory; I have a feeling those will be around for a long time after the show is over, like Seinfeld or Friends. Thanks so much for linking up withe the blog today; hope your Monday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw an episode before but it was something I thought I should do now that Mork is gone.

      Delete
  2. I remember Mork and Mindy, gosh I have forgotten about that show, I think I used to love watching it too when I was little.
    Yesterday I was working on my blog and a local channel we have plays older shows and sometimes just randomly picks different ones, a show called Small Wonder came on, I totally had forgotten about that show, it was so stupid but brought back good memories from watching it as a little kid. I realized then I need to get a hold of punky brewster episodes, I seriously loved that one. Ya I am kind of going through a watch what I did when I was younger phase if you can't tell, LOL I may have to watch a Mork and Mindy episode now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older shows can be so much better than what's on now. I can do without the laugh track, but they actually wrote stuff "back then"

      Delete
  3. I always get hooked on old series like that! I know Philly got snow but I wouldn't have thought they would cancel a game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised. If soccer's in snow, they use a neon orange or yellow ball so it can be seen.

      Delete
  4. I completely forgot about Mork and Mindy! I don't think I could watch more than one or two episodes at a time either:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know what to expect but I can make it through a full disc just taking breaks and watching episodes each day.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm feeling good, and I hope this continues. I'm finding my groove and hope to have a good one when summer hits.

      Delete
  6. Well, I'm old enough to have watched Mork & Mindy when it aired new...and I did. Back in the 70s (ahem-old days), you could only watch one episode at a time! So we had small doses of Mork. Nanoo Nanoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small doses are good. It's just all the hyper-ness. Even without the cocaine he was still hyper.

      Delete