Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Musings 3/2

Weekend update with Running N Reading.

What a weird week!  Sunday we got an ice storm that didn't melt until sometime Tuesday, then we got snow on Wednesday.  Sunday and Monday were regular workout days, but I had to shift workouts around the rest of the week.  Work was closed Monday and Tuesday, then delayed on Wednesday.  Seriously, this was one weird week.  Winter had been mild (OK, northeasters, I can hear you from here) until this past week.  It's almost like February said "screw north Texas" and slammed us with winter weather.

I almost didn't want to do a workout on Thursday but I'm glad I did.  Not only did those 2.5 miles feel good, we got ANOTHER storm on Friday that brought snow almost the whole day, then ice Friday night.  The streets were fine Friday, and I left work mid-afternoon, after all the crazies got off the roads.  And I mean crazies.  There was a 40-car accident in Melissa on 75, yet the roads were just wet on this side of the metroplex.  I was watching all of this as tweets are posted, and it was a good thing I waited to leave work when I did.  Streets were fine and the roads were somewhat quiet.  Saturday they were iced, and after running one errand, I stayed inside until the ice had melted.

*****

Sunday: bike and upper body HIIT

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: lower body HIIT

Wednesday: bike

Thursday: 2.5 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday: rest

20 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a crazy week weatherwise! I did not know it snowed it Texas! Hope the weather gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get north enough, we do get snow. Most of the time it melts quickly, but not after an ice storm.

      Delete
  2. I use to live in Texas and people here on the east coast use to be so surprised when I said it snowed! It's always nice to have a day off work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work is one of the last ones to call off work the day before, but it's nice to sleep in.

      Delete
  3. Isn't ice the worst?! We had an ice storm last night and now the city is a complete mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can handle snow but ice just scares me. I stay inside because while I know what to do on the roads, many people here don't.

      Delete
  4. Ice is the absolute worse. We had an ice storm yesterday afternoon and now almost everything around here is shut down or had delayed openings today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind delayed openings, or one day off, but having 2.5 days of no work, then getting out early on Friday is a strange week.

      Delete
  5. Crazy weather week! I heard it was so bad they even had to cancel a marathon there in TX, I think it was the Cowbell one.
    Hopefully, this week is a little better for you guys! I am oddly hoping we get a little snow today and tomorrow here, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowtown. They cancelled the 5 and 10k races Saturday and made them virtual, and then cancelled the full and 50k yesterday. Only the half was held.

      Delete
  6. Gah! I hope all your ice and snow melts soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's melted but Wednesday brings another storm. Colorado's getting snow, then we get the after math.

      Delete
  7. I can't believe how bad it was there; I had a couple of friends who'd planned to run Cowtown; thankfully, they were running the half and still able to complete the race. What a crazy week, indeed! I'm so ready for Spring; unfortunately, we have more sleet/snow in the forecast this week - GAH! Thanks so much for linking up with the blog today; hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll actually be in Florida for a conference when the next storm hits Wednesday. The forecast is looking nice for my conference location.

      Delete
  8. I am so sick of this weather! Bring on Spring! Wow, a 40 car accident, I can't even imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes one person to bring on something like that. I'm ready for spring too and thought it was coming until last week. The trees were even starting to bud!

      Delete
  9. Ice stinks. We get it only occasionally and of course the whole town shuts down. I like my routine so I'd be all out of sorts with the week you had. Here's to a better one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I knew Tuesday was no work and no melting really happened, I figured I wouldn't even be able to walk to the fitness room. It's nice to improvise though and I got a good workout.

      Delete
  10. Crazy how Texas is getting hit with the crazy weather too! We've been having a lot of ice here in DC too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been two crazy winters in a row. We're in March but we're expecting another winter storm tomorrow.

      Delete