Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday Musings 3/16

Happy Monday.  This won't be quite a write up on the weekend, but I am linking of with Running N Reading.

Thursday was a whopper of a day at work, and it brought to mind this picture that I saw on Women's Running Magazine FB page just the day before:


I almost changed my plans and decided to run, but I stuck with biking.  I had a good 2.5-mile workout on Tuesday and still needed to recover smartly.  It wasn't all day Thursday, but the morning was just... I deal with a lot of administrative assistants at my work, and if I'm not the best person to answer their question, I send them to the best person.  But they want me to cater to them and babysit them, so they get passive-aggressive snarky through emails.  It turns me into Chicha.


Seriously, if they think I'm not helping, they ain't seen nothin' yet!  If they don't want the best answers from the best people, I can send them guesses from now on.

It didn't help that we sprung forward an hour, even with the longer evenings, which I love.  Why do we still do DST, springing forward and falling back?  It was invented by the Germans in WWI to save on fuel.  Well, we're 100 years removed and certainly don't rely on fire and candles anymore.  I turn into a bear during the winter because the evenings are so long when the sun sets early, and my internal clock is telling me I'm ready to go to bed at 9pm.  Really?  It's like I'm hibernating.  And then the spring forward messes with my sleep schedule.  I might move back to Arizona to get away from it.  Let's spring forward and stay there.

*****
Sunday: rest

Monday: Pilates

Tuesday: 2.5 miles

Wednesday: recovery

Thursday: bike

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya with the catering. Passengers think I am there for their every need and not just their safety. Do they know they are not the only person on the plane. Ah customer service can be a real pain at times. Hope you can get back to running soon. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is I can't fire back at them. I understand the need for customer service but I don't like being run roughshod over.

      Delete
  2. The time change is pretty annoying. And I like when its light in the morning, so these first few weeks really throw me off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it takes about a month for the sun to be back up in the morning. It's really tough waking up during those weeks.

      Delete
  3. Lesley, I always wonder how long we'll keep doing this, as well; lots of folks talk about changing it, but nothing ever happens. I guess we could move to one of those states that does not participate, like Arizona - ha! I don't like that it's SO much darker in the mornings, but I do enjoy the extra daylight after work. I hope you have a great day and thanks so much for linking up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which one I'd like, but I love the longer evenings in the summer. Let's just pick one and stay.

      Delete
  4. Love the "run this day off..." I totally feel that sometimes!
    I like day light savings, I know I am weird. But I kinda hope they never get rid of it:)
    Out west, they keep it (so they say) for the farmers, so they have an extra hour in the day so they don't have to keep waking up quite as early. But I like it as a runner, it makes it easier to either run in the evening or morning depending on my schedule and still have light:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the myth but I don't think farmers care about it much. They work till their work is done, no matter the time.

      Delete