Friday, March 13, 2015

LA for the Marathon

It's time for Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!, and I'm re-posting the post I did for LA last year, in honor of the marathon on Sunday.  Anyone running it?  If so, good luck!  Here are 5 pictures from LA.

Where in the World, Los Angeles:

My dad and I went to LA in 2003 for a couple days before meeting up with my mom in San Francisco.  Like Hawaii, when you're on Boston time, you're up early, even before McDonald's opens.  Say what you want, they have a good breakfast spread.  6am in LA also means weird human beings visit the McDonald's.






12 comments:

  1. I am going to CA for the first time for the Tinkerbell race but I can't wait for the time when I can go just to visit LA and other cities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to LA as a kid but I understood a lot more on this trip and was able to soak in more too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great weekend, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too. I'm not doing anything fun though. I have to get my car inspected for the annual sticker :-/

      Delete
  3. LA is fun - if you get a chance Westwood (UCLA) is nice. I think my mom and I went on a free trolly tour in Beverly Hills when we visited. Good luck this weekend! Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Westwood on this trip too. I don't have any pictures but someone mistook me as a UCLA student. I was 18 so I suppose I looked like a college student.

      Delete
  4. I've never been to LA. We thought about it this year but decided on another destination. Maybe one day I'll get there! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fee like I'm due to go back. We were only there for a couple days.

      Delete
  5. I've only been to LA once but it was a great city! I need to get back out to CA one of these days:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CA is a great vacation place. I'm headed to northern California in May to Napa :)

      Delete
  6. Can't believe how hot it is going to be there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! It's LA, should it be that hot?

      Delete