Thursday, March 5, 2015

Flower and Garden Festival

As stated on Wednesday's post, I'm at Disney for a conference, and today was a free day.  Today was all the extra workshops you pay additional fees for, and my work was closed due to snow, so I went into EPCOT.  I planned on that anyway since the conference goes through Saturday, so this is a comp day, of sorts.

Ever since being at Disney for Princess 2012, I wanted to check out the Flower and Garden Festival.  By the Princess half marathon weekend, many topiaries are already on display, and that got my attention 3 years ago.  I had so much fun today!  I took a ton of pictures so this'll be picture heavy.  I did see the French film and O Canada, but no rides.  RIP Maelstrom :(


France

France

UK

Canada

Between main fountain and Figment

Between main fountain and Figment

Entrance of World Showcase

China

Africa

Italy

View of Canada from Japan

Grand marnier slushie in France

Pineapple booth, soft serve no rum

Paul McKenna Band, UK

14 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I did see they were starting to set some of them up when I was there for Princess weekend! I tell ya, you people who get to have conferences at Disney have the best jobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me didn't want to go to the conference, but it's at Disney! I knew what I was going to do with my free day.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have fun in Disney even though you are there for a conference:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made it fun, plus the temps. I had to reapply sunscreen so I don't go back with a sunburn. I doubt anyone would feel sorry for me.

      Delete
  3. Thanx so much for all the photos!!! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even post all the pictures I took. There's so many but I didn't want to bog down the post.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see all of the topiaries on our next Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The topiaries are so much fun, and there's more than the topiaries to look at. There are also walking tours and a butterfly tent.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was fun! It was the second day of the festival so it wasn't too busy and I had plenty of time to walk around.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, these are great!
    Want to know something funny, years ago my friend and I were on a lunch break walking around downtown and this particular area is always done up in beautiful flowers, the gardners work on it constantly (I think). But right then the two of us decided that being a gardner or landscaper would be such a fun job. Of course neither of us have done it yet, but who knows maybe that is what I will do in retirement, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and aunt garden and they love it. Disney gardeners do such a great job at all the parks.

      Delete
  7. One year, we caught these displays in Epcot and they were so amazing! I just couldn't get over the amount of work it must take to create them. Oh, and that grand marnier drink looks pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney gardeners put so much work into the parks all the time. Everything looks great.

      Delete