Wednesday, March 18, 2015

6 Years

Today marks 6 years since I moved to Dallas.  Who'da thunk it?  6 years ago I took a huge risk and moved my entire life to a state I hadn't lived in for 20 years, no job and no house.  I lived in my grandmother's condo for free since she wasn't using it, and I set out to find that job that would let me stay.  Looking back on that, I can't believe I did that.  I tend to be conservative and over think things, but that decision felt 100% right.  I was miserable in Boston and needed to get out.


During these 6 years I found a love for running, found out I can in fact cook (yay!), found a job I'm still loving (though it does provide its fair share of drama), got Allie, and I turned 30 here.  Not bad if you ask me.  I have a great group of friends, love going to soccer and hockey games, battled through an injury, and finding the joy of running again.  6 years is also half the time I lived in Boston.  Can I do another 6 years in Dallas?  Who knows.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in a really great place! Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Happy 6 years! It's so great to hear you find the right fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good six years. I just can't believe it's already been six years.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on making that move! I think so many people are scared to do that so they stay w a place and a job they may not be happy with. Good for you! I bet you love the change of the weather. Especially this yr.-L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stay with that job. I had since the economy tanked and felt things were getting worse.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes making the scary decision of the unknown can turn out to be one of the best things we do:) I guess its like taking a leap of faith:) So happy it worked out so well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out a lot about myself, that's for sure. Most people take baby steps, I jumped.

      Delete