Tuesday, February 10, 2015

So about February...

I meant for February to be a healthy month.  I really did.  December is holidays and January is my birthday month.  Throw in moving this year and the last week in my old place I had microwave dinners or pizza.  When you need to pack up the kitchen, there's not a whole lot of cooking going on.  February was supposed to be the month I got "healthy" again.  If I eat junk, my running suffers.  Junk in, junk out.  Now that I have my kitchen unpacked, I can cook again.

Then this happened:


The Thin Mints are in the freezer and I'm making my way through the Savannah Smiles.  I took the boxes home Friday and I'm already through one full box of the Smiles.  So, not healthy?

I discovered the Savannah Smiles last year and have found my new favorite Girl Scout cookie.  It used to be the Caramel Delites, but now the thought of eating even one of those seems like a huge task.  That is one dense cookie!  The Savannah Smiles are light, with powdered sugar (messy!) and a hint of lemon (yummy!).  I couldn't resist.  It's for a good cause.

11 comments:

  1. I have never tried the savannah smiles.My favorite are the thin mints and caremel delights. I allow myself two a night. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Savannah Smiles are so good, but I can destroy a box in one sitting if I'm not careful.

      Delete
  2. Caramel Delights are my favorite Girl Scout Cookie! I can't resist them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved those as a kid. So much goodness all in one cookie.

      Delete
  3. Girl Scout cookies are so evil. So far, I've successfully avoided the temptation to buy them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I start eating one, I have to eat more. My was looking to order and then got more than I initially planned.

      Delete
  4. LOL I really had to laugh, my friend keeps trying to push her daughters girl scout cookies onto me. I've been good so far in saying no, but....
    I have been struggling too, and I can't even blame a great cookie, I just keep going out with friends or family, I am thinking I am going to have to like ground myself from going out to eat, seriously!! It's not good for my figure anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stay in a lot and cook so I can have portion control, but these cookies are ruining my good intentions.

      Delete
  5. Girl scout cookies are the devil...but they taste so good! My favorites are thin mints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am saving the thin mints. They're in my freezer so I can prolong the time I can eat them.

      Delete
  6. Girl scout cookies are the devil...but they taste so good! My favorites are thin mints.

    ReplyDelete