Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Musings 2/9

I gave myself some extra days to rest this week.  Moving can be exhausting, and I could feel it both mentally and physically, even on Monday.  But Monday was yoga so I did it in my PJs when I got home from work.  Yes, I changed right into my PJs when I got home, but I had leftovers for dinner, so no heavy cooking :-)

I finally ordered new shoes last week.  It's hard to tell if my Adrenaline 14's need to be replaced, but I'm going on the 8th month with them, and I started thinking it wouldn't hurt to rotate the 15's in.  I ordered the 15's online since most of the time I get the "boring" color combo at the running store.  When there's a fun color I want, the store doesn't have it.  This time I wanted the pink color (Brooks calls it raspberry) and to make sure I got those shoes, I went online.



*****

Sunday: HIIT core

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: 1.5 miles

Friday: rest

Saturday: 1.5 miles (new shoes!)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're better in person, but I knew this was the combo I wanted.

      Delete
  2. Cute shoes. I love fun color shoes. I feel like they a more motivated. I know crazy right. But it makes me want to put them on to work out. Hey whatever works right? -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! The more color, the better. I wasn't going to take any chance and not get the combo I wanted.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, I love your new shoes! I need to upgrade my model from the Ghost 6 to the 7s, I am just not ready to make the leap! HA! I hate changing models, I am always worried they won't feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time changing models with Brooks and I hope they're just as good. I used to wear Asics until they made too much of a change between models.

      Delete
  4. Very cute shoes! I remember years ago when you didn't buy shoes for color, the colors on them actually determined the kind of shoe they were and if they were good or not, LOL Things have changed over the past 10 years, now you can get the same great shoe in almost any color:) Enjoy running in your new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know that about colors. I love that all models come in so many different colors. I like to have fun while running and that includes footwear.

      Delete
  5. Your new shoes look absolutely adorable! The first run in new shoes is always super exciting, especially when you've waited 8 months for a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a huge difference too with the cushioning. I could tell it was time to get new shoes.

      Delete
  6. Love the shoes! I am usually not a pink person, but those are great. There are a lot of nights that I walk in the back door, straight through the house and put on my PJs. Sometimes it just has to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sometimes I just want to decompress from the day, and it's enough to drive me into PJs right when I get home.

      Delete