Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Musings 2/2

I'm back!  Let me tell y'all, moving is hard work.  I got some great cardio/stairmaster going the first day I moved my stuff over.  Not as much as the movers, but they moved the major stuff in one hour.  That's loading the truck and unloading, with flights of stairs going up to the new place.  I'm impressed.  I made it through with just a couple bruises so that's success.

I had to stop unpacking Wednesday because I could feel both IT bands getting a little tight.  4 runs of stuff over, climbing stairs and unpacking kept me busy.  I rolled and stretched, and they were OK the next day, but my calves and glutes really felt all that climbing.

The one aspect of the move I was so worried about did quite well.  She explored almost right away, and was exploring most of the night.  I'm so used to Allie sleeping up against me at night that I didn't sleep well, despite being exhausted.  She was still unsure about some things, like when TWC came to connect my internet and cable.  She didn't like it either when I was bringing my stuff in for the first few days, but she was enjoying the sunshine.  My apartment now faces west, so we get plenty of sun during the day.  Cats love sunbeams.


*****

Did anyone see the Budweiser commercial with the lost puppy?  Once I was back online, I watched it on youtube.  I don't watch football anymore, but I can watch that commercial over and over.  I need tissues.

*****
Lastly, my friends and I went to see Foxcatcher instead of watching the Super Bowl.  I'm pretty sure I would've enjoyed the football much more than that movie.  It was awful.  Of the 4 of us, every one of us thought it was awful and we want our time and money back.  It starts slow, and gets even slower.  Avoid this movie at all costs!

*****

Sunday: upper body weight lifting

Monday: PT

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: "stairmaster"

Thursday: some stairmaster, some rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: bike 4 miles


Weekend update with Running N Reading

19 comments:

  1. Lesley, I'm so glad you mentioned this about Foxcatcher; I was really on the fence about it, but now I will definitely wait until it's at the Redbox before even bothering to try! What a disappointment! I'm so glad things went well with the move and that your cat is adjusting well; I've had it go both ways, and I know it's tough on them. Thank you so much for linking up with the blog again this week; hope your Monday is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the fence but it got me out of the new apartment and out with friends. I suggest wine to go with the movie, the wine at least would be enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. What an adorable kitty! Sounds like your move went well and I'm glad your kitty is already adjusting. With the extra sunshine in your new place, I'm sure she will feel right at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stressed about how she would react and she was quite fine. A little skeptical at first, but she was running around during my breakfast this morning.

      Delete
  3. I haven't even heard of Foxcatcher, but good to know!!!
    Congrats about getting moved into the new apartment! I haven't moved in years, but when we go to set up a wedding, when you take into account all the stuff that goes in and out, lets just say I have a little bit of an idea of how much of a workout it is! Your smart to take it easy when you felt your IT band, you can always unpack later, no sense in ruining what you've been trying to fix for the past year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have friends who did like Foxcatcher but the four of us did not.

      I am still taking it easy because I do feel a twinge here and there. I am going to get my foam roller and lacrosse ball ready tonight.

      Delete
  4. Glad the move went well. Sorry to hear about your IT band. I have beenot having trouble with mine too. Good to know about that movie. I'll be sure not to rent that one. That lab commercial was probably the best one. I liked the song from last year better that went with it. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking it easy and tackling it with my rollers. I know scrambling around for 5 days didn't help but I'm all moved in.

      Delete
  5. We moved back in July, and we still have boxes sitting around waiting to be unpacked. If there's an upside to moving though, its definitely a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to unpack to get the boxes out of the way, but the decorations will be the last to unpack. That box is under the dining room table.

      Delete
  6. I hope you (and kitty) enjoy your new home. I know you are glad to be settled in. Just keep rolling those IT bands, if definitely helps me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tackling the IT bands as we speak. I know the twinges are from all the moving so I'm taking it easy, hoping they go back to normal.

      Delete
  7. Foxcatcher is supposed to be so good! Ha! I tend not to like the movies that are up for awards ;)

    I am happy Allie is adjusting well! I still need to watch that commercial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar noms are usually for depressing movies. I like cheery movies, but friends wanted to see it. A couple other friends liked it but all 4 of us did not.

      Delete
  8. I have never heard of Foxcatcher?! I must have missed the puppy advertisement, and sounds like it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about wrestling leading up to 1988 in Seoul. I thought it would be good but nope. There were so many stretches where there was no dialogue, yet no action either.

      Delete
  9. I have never heard of Foxcatcher?! I must have missed the puppy advertisement, and sounds like it's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving is never much fun! My husband is in the military and we more way more frequently than I would like to move. I am usually a crazy person and do everything in my power to have everything unpacked (and in their new home +pictures on the wall) to maximize the amount of time a place feels like "home".

    Hopefully a little rest will do your body good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided to rest more this week to settle in. Some decorations are up, some aren't. I was so tired this weekend I just wanted to veg.

      Delete