Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Musings 2/16

Weekend recap with Reading N Running.

The weekend fun started Thursday night when I went to see Kingsman with some friends.  These are 2 friends who survived watching Foxcatcher with me and we agreed: there's more fun and action in the first 30 seconds of Kingsman than all of Foxcatcher.  Even before the opening credits we knew it was going to be a much better movie.  If y'all are looking for something fun, I recommend this movie.  I don't need Fifty Shades when I can watch Colin Firth instead.


Saturday I did 2 miles and decided to build my stamina, time wise.  I've been doing 3/1 intervals but decided to go with 4/1.  It was a challenge but I felt good when I was done.  I think I could've done more than 2 miles, but I've learned to stop when I feel I can still run more.

I also had some fun shopping.  I got a gift card for my birthday and with it I've bought a pair of new running capris that hit just below the knee, a new sports bra, new running top, and finally yesterday I bought some new running socks.  I really need new running socks since I've had many of my current ones since 2010.  yeah, it's time, and I'm looking to switch to some thinner socks, and I got a 3-pack of Asics.

*****

Sunday: HIIT

Monday: PT

Tuesday: 1.75 miles

Wednesday: yoga

Thursday: Bike 30 minutes

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

22 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Tara's Weekend link-up! I really want to see Kingman - good to hear it's as much fun as it looks from the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trailer looked really fun which is why I wanted to see it. It lived up to that fun.

      Delete
  2. This one does look like a good movie!
    Great workout week too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a spy spoof but it's not Austin Powers spoof.

      Delete
  3. I love getting new running stuff...I just got some new asics sock and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I like the socks. Today will be my first workout in them.

      Delete
  4. I disagree. 50 shades was definitely worth seeing. .haha. well I did read the books so I enjoyed it. I think I will save Kingsman for a rental. Glad to hear it was better than Foxcatcher. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is better than Foxcatcher :-p Glad you liked 50 Shades but I haven't read the books.

      Delete
  5. Lesley, I want to see this movie so badly! One of my local running friends saw it this weekend, as well, and she absolutely loved it, too. Getting new running clothes is the best, right? Yay! So glad you had a great weekend, and thanks so much for linking up with the blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting new running gear. Now that I'm back at it, it's fun to shop again.

      Delete
  6. I would opt for Kingsman over 50 Shades too. I'm still spending a running gift card my husband gave me for Christmas. So far - shoes, top, Yurbuds, capris, and GU. My favorite kind of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I did have to order some things online because stores didn't have what I wanted, but the website did.

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of Kingsman. I'm so out of the loop when it comes to movies though. Shopping with a gift card is so fun, sounds like you got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to test out the new top soon. It's perfect for summer but I run in tank tops in winter too.

      Delete
  8. Love Colin Firth! Will definitely need to add Kingsman to my must see list. How fun to go shopping for new running stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! He's my Mr. Darcy and I've seen him in a lot of movies. "I hate Uncle Jamie!"

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard a good thing about Foxcatcher from anyone other than the movie critics. It's so weird that a movie can be loved like that by the "professionals" but hated by regular people! As for Kingsman I thought it looked really good. I've loved Colin Firth in everything I've seen him in and I will always watch Sam Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin Firth and Sam Jackson are great in the movie. You can tell they had fun.

      Delete
  10. I have been wanting to see this movie! And I love and am definitely addicted to buying new running gear. FUN! #growyourbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have more running gear than work clothes...

      Delete
  11. The trailers for that movie made me not want to see it at all but this is the second great review I've heard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a fun movie. It doesn't take itself seriously and there's a lot of action.

      Delete