Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!
I watch fun movies around Valentine's Day because I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't think people should have to do something special just because it's Feb. 14. It feels like an obligation and no fun at all.
1) Some Like It Hot - starring Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis have to cross-dress and escape Chicago in an all-female band because they witnessed the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
2) When Harry Met Sally - Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. A classic! I know this is still a recent film, but it's a classic. Who can quote from it? I can. "I'll have what she's having."
3) Roman Holiday - Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. Audrey Hepburn plays a princess who is fed up with her cosseted and dictated lifestyle, escapes her guardians and experiences Rome. The movie was shot in Rome, so the scenes aren't from backdrops made in Hollywood. They're the real deal.
4) the Princess Bride - you didn't think I'd make this list and not have this movie ;-)
5) My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Nia Vardalos and John Corbett. So I've never planned a wedding, but I know those who have. After hearing the stress, planning, food, etc, I think this movie nails it.